|Madi|

Madi, 12:00 pm 6/7

Thursday

I banged on the side of the freezer I was in. I'd been here for what felt like days. I knew I had only been here for a few hours though. The Faceless person brought me here at some point. I didn't see any of my surroundings though because they knocked me out, leaving me unconscious.

My stomach rumbling reminded me of how long I'd been here. It must have been the next day because I could see light coming into the freezer from outside. I knew I was in a house. And the freezer I was in was broken thank goodness.That would have been painful if it wasn't.

By now I had already accepted my fate. I knew that whoever this was was probably the same person that had killed Alli and that they were probably going to do the same to me. The only question I have is, "Why wasn't I dead yet?"

I really didn't want to die. There were still so many things I had planned left to look forward to. On Saturday I was going to go shopping for more Manga and some clothes but now that's ruined. And a new episode of my favorite anime was supposed to come out tomorrow but I'll be dead before that releases. Literally.

And of course, Collin and I had planned to have the most epic sleepover ever, once we left on Friday. And to think I might never see Collin again kills me. Kills...get it? No, that's not funny.

I think I'm going crazy. More crazy than I already was before. Plus, when I tried to fall asleep I heard breathing just outside of the freezer. I couldn't sleep because of that.

I started to hear footsteps approach the freezer again. When they stopped, I could imagine my captor standing over the freezer staring intently at it.

I almost screamed when I heard chains moving around and the click of a lock opening. I pretended I was sleeping. Dead, sleeping, they could both play a role in this situation. Whatever my captor would like to think I was. Then again, if they thought that I was dead, they might cut me up alive or something. So I decided to make sure they could see my breathing clearly.

I felt my whole body being lifted. I heard my captor grunt as if I was hard to carry or something. I almost let my offense show.

I felt the cool wind brush against my skin as I was brought outside. My heart started to pound as I thought of where they were taking me. I knew it was day once I saw the brightness through my eyelids. My body was lowered into something that slanted at the back. My captor went in front of me to lift whatever I was in, up. Then we started to move. I tilted my head just barely and squinted my eyes open. I could make out trees and only trees. At the corner of my view, I saw the wall of what I was in. It felt like I was in a shopping cart, except it was more unsturdy. That's when I put the pieces together, slanted wall on my back, captor in front pushing me, unsturdy feeling, I think I was in a wheelbarrow.

I didn't watch too many crime shows but I knew that when a kidnapper puts their victims in a wheelbarrow it could only mean two things, they were either carrying a dead body, or they were going to kill their victim. I was already aware of the fact that I was probably going to die but to know that it was going to be in just a few minutes had me worrying. And with what they did to Alli, I didn't think this was going to be a very quick death.

An idea came into my head. I could make this a lot faster if I just showed my captor I was awake. Then they would knock me out and kill me while I was knocked out. The plan seemed better in my head but I decided to go with it.

When they finally stopped to take a break, I opened my eyes wide and tried to get out of the wheelbarrow. When I tried to get out though, it tipped over and landed on me. I tried to get out from under it but my captor already saw me. I looked up at them. They had a shovel in one hand, and a knife in the other. Before I could comprend what was happening, I saw the shovel swinging down, aiming for my head.