twenty

REAL LIFE !

"Are you ready?"

"No, of course not! Are you sure about this? I'm scared," Lila responded, already feeling anxiety bubbling within her, instantly resorting to picking at her nails out of anxious habit.

Clay smiled at her reassuringly, grabbing her hands in his own to prevent her from fidgeting. "I'm 100% sure, but only if you're okay with this." The girl relaxed a bit after his kind, little gestures. It eased her nerves immensely. She was also quite thankful that the boy would only go through with it if she was okay with it. This proved once again how lucky she was to have a thoughtful and respectful boyfriend.

After a moment of thinking it over as Clay rubbed his thumb comfortingly on the back of her hand, she agreed to go through with it. "Yeah, I'm okay with it."

"You sure?" He asked once more, making sure there was no hesitation. "There's no going back after this." She nodded with a smile, squeezing his hand before letting go so he could use his hands to control the mouse and keyboard.

They were going to announce their relationship and introduce Lila to Dream's fans on stream. The couple had made the joint decision a few days after getting back together to not hide it from the fans. Although she would remain faceless as well, the fans would know her first name and her voice. She had already created separate accounts from her real ones so that the fans could follow her if they wanted. Lila would have to learn how to post without revealing anything that could dox herself or Dream, but she was more than willing to do it for him and the fans.

Clay smiled at her once more before leaning over his gaming chair to peck her lips. After that, he turned back to his set up to start the stream. It was silent for a few moments as people began to filter into chat.

"Hello! Hi," Dream greeted with an audible grin on his face, moving his green blob around on a random minecraft seed.

Lila silently watched the screen from beside him, switching her gaze from monitor to monitor. She watched as the number of viewers grew exponentially, chat moved faster, and as Clay effortlessly moved his character around and parkoured across the tree tops.

Overall, she was in awe. She had never experienced this part of his life, and frankly, she was impressed. In a short year, he blew up and gained a loyal following much bigger than she could even comprehend. Like 25+ million people subscribed to her boyfriend's youtube channel where he simply posted videos of him and his friends having fun on Minecraft. It was insane. Proud was an understatement.

"Hello, hello. How are you guys?" Clay continued once a vast majority of people had joined the stream. People answered quickly. A lot of them spammed messages like 'better now that you're streaming' which made Lila smile at the impact Dream had. "I'm doing very well, thank you to everyone asking! I've been doing so much better lately."

"Why am I doing much better? I don't know," he answered with a smile, glancing over at his girlfriend. "I just have a lot to be thankful for right now, and I'm just happy."

Lila grinned back at him, mouthing, "You're so cute." He rolled his eyes with a smile. A tiny blush spread across his cheeks, but he turned back to looking at his screen in effort to hide it from her.

After a bit of small talk, Dream decided now would be the time that he would start heading towards the topic he started streaming for. Lila had been silent and patient as she watched and listened beside him. He subtly changed the title of the stream to 'special announcement', which sent his chat into a frenzy when they noticed. He chuckled at them freaking out.

"What does the title mean? It means I have an announcement, idiot." He went on to say, "I think everyone is here now, and I'm probably at my peak viewership for this stream so I guess now it's time."