Chapter 18: Detective Sasuke

"Why are you tagging along today, Fei? You already did it, didn't you?" Naruto asked as they walked towards the training area. Sasuke was following behind, still looking at Fei. Fei shivered a little as she felt his gaze. Naruto remained oblivious to her tense shoulders and nervous gaze.

"Well, I wanted to see if I could still do it, you know?" She said before smiling at him, "Plus, chakra control is one of my weak points. But I think I'm getting the hang out it!" Naruto nodded in understanding.

They remained silent for a bit before Fei couldn't handle the stare of the Uchiha.

"You know what, Naruto, you're gonna do super great too! I feel it in my veins! Let's go there right now, really quick before we lose it!! 'Kay?!" She suddenly exclaimed, grabbing his hand and running away with him. Once they arrived, she looked behind them only to see Sasuke walking towards them. He looked annoyed and suspicious of her. She gave a weak smile before heading towards her tree. After only one time, she managed to quickly get a hold of the control. She smiled in content as she managed to do it again. She laid her head on the tree and closed her eyes, taking in the fresh air of the tree surrounding them. She opened one eye to look at the boys, who continued to struggle with the training, already dirtied up and tired. She saw Naruto concentrating, building up the chakra on his feet. She looked and smiled, but then her face dropped to a sweatdrop when he got interrupted.

"Hey, Naruto!" Sasuke yelled out, causing Naruto to fall face-first to the ground.

"AAGH! WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M TRYING TO FOCUS?!" Naruto yelled out.

"Well...um..." Sasuke started, looking up at Fei, who quickly closed her eyes to look like she was asleep, before continuing.

"What is it?" Naruto asked, still annoyed.

"Wha...What did Sakura tell you?" He asked, looking to the side, blushing slightly. Naruto's eyes widened in shock before he let out a goofy grin.

"I'm not telling you..." Naruto said, causing Sasuke to flinch and become upset. Fei giggled, no longer pretending to sleep. Sasuke got annoyed and began climbing the tree again, pissed. Fei rested her head against the tree again. It only seemed like minutes before she was interrupted from her relaxation by various side-jumps on her tree.

"Hey, you. Wake up," Sasuke said, poking at her leg with his foot. Fei growled a little before opening her eyes.

"Name, Sasuke! I've got a name! What do you want?" Fei growled out, irked. He glared at her before remembering what he came up there for.

"Well...uh...what should I...do?" He stuttered out. She looked in awe.

'The audacity of this kid...' she said, 'but I could use this...'

"Okay, I'll tell you what to do...but on one condition," she sat up and raised a finger. He looked at her with a raised eyebrow before narrowing his eyes.

"What is it..?" He asked, wary about the proposal already. She smiled up at him.

"The condition is that you stop trying to investigate my past, and mind your own business! Okay? How about it? A deal?" She asked, still smiling and outstretching her hand. His eyes widened before he hesitantly raised his own. He then grabbed her wrist away with his own hand.

"Absolutely not. I'm going to find out what your deal is," He said, staring straight into her eyes. She pulled her hand away and placed it on her hips.

"Then I guess you're on your own then!" Fei said, shoving him away from her. This caused him to fall off the tree, flailing a little to stay on the branch. He ended up having to retreat to the ground. Once he landed, she followed suit to walk away from the training ground to go find Sakura at the bridge near Tazuna's house.