Bonus Chapter: Marie Grey Collins

~~~~~~~~~~
My name is Marie Grey Collins. I'm a 16 year 5 foot 4 girl. Short, I know. I recently went from a sophomore to a junior, a milestone, because we can finally go to proms with friends. That day...it was supposed to be fun. All of my friends had gathered to hang out and enjoy ourselves together. And all of a sudden, that same night, my parents told me about a car crash involving Fei and her driver. Even worse, was when it appeared as if they disappeared.

When my friend, Marcus, and I decided to investigate on our own, we found a strange lady, who claimed to be a ninja. We didn't believe her and got attacked left unconscious on the forest floor until morning. Marcus decided to stop searching, saying that she was dangerous and left.

So now, it's up to me. I'd rather die than leave her behind.

Marie slammed her diary shut and locked it, placing the keep where she always keeps in, her bracelet like a charm. She heads out, already knowing where she wants to go. Needs to go.

Today, she was visiting Fei's home. She figured that one of her parents would be there, and maybe they would give her permission to look at Fei's room. And if not, she would sneak in. Perhaps it was a little bizarre, but she felt something wad in there. She just had to search. Quickly, she got on her bike and rode towards that house. The breeze pushed her hair back, moving it behind her as she peddled.

As she rode by, she saw Marcus. He was playing with his dog. They hadn't talked since the last time they went into the forest. In fact, she had gotten quite cold with him.

Shadow noticed her and barked, tail wagging happily as she past. She was so distracted by Marcus, however, that she didn't notice the upcoming curb, and with a yelp, she crashed into the pavement. Shadow ran towards her, panting and sniffing her as she sat there, knees sore from the scrape.

"Marie!! Are you okay?" Marcus asked as he helped her up.

"Yeah... yeah. Thanks." She muttered, grumpy at the mess up. She moved away and brushed her jeans from dirt before moving towards her blouse.

"You're going to Fei's home, aren't you?" Marcus asked, looking at her scratched up face.

"What's it to you? You don't wanna get involved after getting the shit scared out of you," she sneered, frowning at him.

"Marie..." he sighed and moved aside, gesturing toward his house, "We gotta talk. You've been avoiding me for a week now."

"I don't want to. I have somewhere to go. I don't want you stopping me."

"I'll go with you, but we gotta talk first. I promise I'm not gonna stop you. Plus, you're all scratched up."

"I don't want to."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please."

"Nope."

"Come on..."

"No."

They kept going back and forth before Marie groaned at his persistence.

"Fine!! Holy shit, you're annoying when you beg!!" She yelled before stomping towards his home. Marcus shook his head with a smile before calling for his dog, who happily followed the fuming girl.

Marie sat with her arms crossed and waiting, looking at Shadow walk around her. She double-checked upon looking at him. She hadn't even noticed, but the dog was very different. Super different. His once pure black fur now had some white streaks on the left side of his body. He also had heterochromatic eyes, one his original brown-amber, and the other a clear grey with a shade of blue. He was colder than usual both body and even his breath. Finally, he was huge. The size of a werewolf that should be hunting for food and terrorizing villages, not a house dog that crushed her with love.