perfect girlfriend ~ draco x reader

(tw // abuse)

Y/n Potter pov

I woke up in my dorm room with a start. I couldn't see because it was still dark.

I had just had a nightmare. My heartbeat was fast and I was drenched in sweat.

I hopped out of bed and quickly but quietly ran to the boys dormitory. I went up the the 6th years dormitory and shook Draco.

He wasn't my boyfriend but we were very close. He was my best friend and I trusted him with my secrets. But I wish we were more.

Draco woke up, wand in his hand and eyes half closed. A dim light shine from the end of his wand.

"Y/n? What're you doing in here? It's bloody one in the morning," Draco mumbled in his sleepy voice.

"I had it again," I whispered, sitting on the edge of his bed. "The same nightmare."

Draco sits next to me and says a small, Mhm.

"Do you want to talk about it yet?" He questions quietly.

I sigh and slowly nod, even though he couldn't see me.

"It was like I was drowning. I woke up in my bedroom at home. But I was restrained in a chair. And my friends, you know, Pansy, Astoria and Daphne, were beating me up," I said trying not to be too loud. "They were calling me names, bad ones. And I didn't say anything, just bled out. Then you were there. You put your wand against my throat and threatened," My voice faltered.

"Threatened what?" Draco whispers, pulling me in for a side hug. I flinch from the sudden touch but then relax into it.

"Y- You threatened to kill me of I didn't admit what I really was. You said I was fat and ugly and didn't belong anywhere," I said, silent tears rolling down my cheek.

"Y/n, love, you're nothing but beautiful. Perfect even. Your the most amazing person I have ever laid eyes on. You know I would never hurt you," Draco said, pulling me down onto the bed.

He wrapped his arms around me protectively and pulled me towards his chest.

"My friends, they're right though. Calling me names. I deserved being beat," I said scrunching up into Draco's chest.

"You don't deserve to feel like this. You deserve to be happy. What your friends say and do, whether it be real or not real, doesn't define you or your worth. Just know I love you Y/n and I'll never let anything happen to you," He says, kissing the top of my head.

My eyes felt heavy from crying and I smiled, feeling tired. I felt sleep get closer and closer.

"I love you too," I whispered, just as I fell asleep.

I woke up in the morning to whispers and a bunch of shushing.

I cracked my eyes open to see Blaise Zabini, Theo Nott, and Adrian Pucey at the foot of the bed. Draco was angrily whispering at them and threatening them if they woke me up. I smiled and closed my eyes.

I was fully awake now but I enjoyed listening to the bustle of the boys and Draco cursing them out.

The three others voices trailed away and I knew they had left for breakfast. I opened my eyes and sat up, smiling at a confused Draco.

"How much of that did you hear?" Draco asked.

"Almost every word," I said. The sweatshirt I wore to bed was gathered at my waist so my thighs were showing.

"I meant what I said last night. I really do love you and care about you," Draco whispered, pulling me on top of him and hugging me.

"And I meant what I said. I love you too," I said.

"Oh thank God. I thought you were sleep talking or something. And I've wanted to tell you for a while but I thought it would ruin our friendship," Draco said, sighing happily.

"So does this mean we are dating?" I ask while listening to his heartbeat and  playing with his hair.

"Only if I can show you off and call you my absolutely perfect girlfriend," Draco said, rubbing circles on my back.

"Sure," I said.

We stayed together in his bed for a while before getting up for breakfast. It was Saturday which meant no classes.

I used some of Draco's clothes. A dark green jumper and black baggy jeans.

We walked out of the Slytherin common room together. Everyone was in the Great Hall.

We had agreed to not waste time and go public with our relationship. We would probably be the most powerful couple, besides Harry and Ginny of course.

Once we reached the hall, the doors opened loudly. Everyone stopped to look at us. Draco Malfoy was holding the hand of Y/n Potter. And they were smiling together.

We sat down at the Slytherin table. Theo, Adrian, and Blaise we're all smirking at us. Pansy looked pissed.

Harry looked upset when I looked at him but then Hermione whispered something in his ear and Harry smiled and nodded at me.

I took this as a sign of acceptance from my brother. It wasn't every day your twin sister dated your enemy.

But I guess it was a good thing. Because for the first time in a long time, I felt like I belong.

I didn't have anxiety. I felt safe and loved and everything felt right.

My boyfriend was my best friend and I loved him more than I could ever imagine.

"you're my perfect girlfriend," Draco whispered in my ear before kissing me in the Great Hall.

Everyone in the hall shut up and looked but I wasn't scared. I smiled and kissed him back.

But then I heard Harry say something about kissing his sister while he's eating.

It might have been embarrassing but my life was finally alright.

Yeah, I didn't think I was perfect but I know I would try my best to be a good girlfriend.

A girlfriend for my lover, my Draco.