Chapter 4 - Saturday Hangout

Y/n's POV

You wake up to you hugging a pillow to your stomach and your face buried into your blanket. It's finally the weekend. You get up and do the normal things an average person would do in the morning. You grab your phone and head downstairs.

Your parents have already gone to work, so you're home alone today. You feel bad for your parents having to work on weekends, but you just shrug it off and snatch some Lucky Charms cereal from your pantry.

You pour yourself a bowl of cereal with milk, and mix the concoction with a spoon. You open your phone and look into iMessage, staring at the spammed texts you sent to Player.

You quickly realize and remember that Player went missing yesterday and never headed back home with you. It shows that he has read your messages, but he hasn't replied yet. You start to worry if he've been kidnapped and his kidnapper read his messages, and without thinking you call him.

A few rings later, Player answers the phone. You gasp in relief. "PLAYER!!!" You yell at your phone. "Oh, hey y/n," Player sounded chill like nothing happened.

"WHERE WERE YOU YESTERDAY?!" You shout at your phone. "YOU DISAPPEARED WHEN THE TEACHER TOOK ROLE CALL, AND WHEN THE TEACHER CAME LOOKING FOR YOU, HE ALSO DISAPPEARED! AND YOU DIDN'T TAKE THE BUS HOME YESTERDAY!"

Player's POV

You cringe at the loud voice over your phone. Y/n sounded like a mom, and you tried to hold in your laugh. Then you had to come up with an excuse quickly.

"Oh uhhh yeah about that..." You try to think swiftly, then thought of a brilliant excuse. "So when we had to evacuate, I had to go use the bathroom, and when I came back, everyone was gone. I looked for you guys, but couldn't find anyone. I just chilled there in the classroom, playing on my phone and waiting until y'all came back. Then I had to go to the bathroom again because I chugged a whole bottom of water because I was bored. But when I came out, the bus had already left without me. I panicked and had to call my mom to pick me up from school. So heh... sorry..."

It was the first excuse that came to mind besides being abducted by aliens. A basic, boring, and kind of unbelievable excuse, but it'll do.

Then you heard a sigh over the phone. "I'm glad you're okay. You're my only friend here in Canada, and without you I don't know what I would do."

You blush a little at that sentence. Y/n was really worried about you. Now you feel bad lying to them and leaving without a word. But you have one other thing to tell them, and it could be bad news to them.

"Actually y/n..." You begin to speak. "My parents thought that with all the termite bees and chaos happening, they thought that school was too dangerous for me, so I'm now...homeschooled... again."

You hear something clatter over the phone, and a long silence stood between you guys. "Y/n?" You broke the silence. Then, y/n replies, "Oh, sorry, I spaced out a little bit hehe. You're lucky you get to be homeschooled, I hate school!"

Her voice quivered, like she was about to cry. You knew something wasn't right. "Hey, you sound different, is everything alright?" You couldn't help but ask. "What do you mean? I'm fine," answered y/n.

"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings," you blurt out. "I can't control my parents making the decision of me being homeschooled. I can come over if you'd like, to cheer you up."

"Eh? You coming over to my house to check on me? N-no need, I'm alright," said y/n. You put on your shoes and head out the door. "I'm already on my way."

Y/n's POV

You panic as you look out your window and see Player on the sidewalk, with his phone up to his ear and casually walking to your house. You quickly pick up the spoon you dropped on the floor when Player said he was going to be homeschooled, and throw your bowl of unfinished breakfast into the sink.