Chapter 5 - So Normal

Y/n's POV

Sunday was a chill, anticlimactic day. All you did was relax at home, do some chores, and watch TV all day. You deserved this break after a nerve-racking week you've had.

But of course, you were bored. Yes, hanging out with only yourself is peaceful, but you were starving for something new to happen. You pull out your phone and open iMessage.

You texted Player, "Hey when is the next time we can hang out together? Like yesterday?"

You put down your phone and continue watching TV, waiting for a response. You didn't expect for him to reply straight away, so you just chilled on your couch, eating original-flavored Pringles.

•••

It is now Monday, and now for the rest of the school year, you have to go without Player. You hop onto the yellow bus and go to your usual spot. But there is already two people sitting there, chatting with their backpacks in their laps.

You sigh, as you try to find a different seat that isn't taken. But before you could find another seat, the bus rolls, making you almost trip and fall on the floor. Some kids laugh, and you quickly find a random seat and settle there.

In the seat next to the window, there is some random kid sleeping with a Naruto headband. You hope they don't mind you sitting with them as you put your bags on the floor beneath you.

•••

The school day went by quickly. Not much happened today, just a loud argument between two students that the teacher had to break up. You get off the bus and walk slowly to your house.

You open the door, and remember that your parents are still at work. You go upstairs and throw your bags on the floor of your bedroom and slump into the bathroom.

•••

After taking a shower, eating a microwaveable burrito, and doing your homework, you take out your phone which had been charging on your bedside table.

You unlock the passcode to your phone and open iMessage. You see that Player has seen your message, but has not replied yet. What is up with this guy and leaving you on read?!

You put down your phone and take out your diary. You pull out a random pen that was lying around, and start writing.

Today was boooooring. Basically nothing happened. Player isn't at school anymore, so I have no one to look up to. Plus, Player isn't even responding to my messages! Wow. Oh well, I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Anticlimacticly,
Y/n

Author's note: I know this was a boring, anticlimactic chapter. But I promise it will get more spicier in the next chapters! Stay tuned!