Chapter 12 - Sweet Luck Vacay

Y/n's POV

You woke up to your parents screaming. Yawning, you wonder what all the fuss is about and why they sound like squealing pigs downstairs. You get up and do the normal things a person does in a morning.

When you head downstairs, you almost jump at your dad shouting your name while looking at you. "Y/N! LOOK!", he yells while holding up a piece of paper.

"What is it?" You ask, rubbing your eyes still sleepy. It is a Saturday and the start of a school break. The break lasts for one week and you are exhausted because of school.

Your mom points at the piece of paper your dad is holding. "We won a free trip to Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida! We can bring up to 5 people and we will stay there for 3 days! Isn't this exciting?"

Your eyes widen at your mom's words. "WHAT?! NO WAY! REALLY?! ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?!" Your jaw drops as you move closer to your parents to inspect the paper.

"Yes, sweetheart," Your dad grins widely as you read what the paper says. The paper says "Congratulations, you've won a free trip to Universal Studios in Orlando, FL! You may bring up to 6 people. You will be staying for 3 days. Everything you buy and your hotel rooms are covered by <insert company>. Please dial this number to redeem the coupon and book a flight. Expires on <insert date>"

You jump of joy reading this. But then, you realize something. "Wait, where did you get this coupon from? This seems a little suspicious."

Your mom replies, "Well, <insert candy company> is doing a collab with Universal Studios FL. The packaging says that one in every 1 million bags they make, it contains a pass to Universal Studios!"

Your dad hands you the bag that the coupon was found in and they were right. The package of chocolate candies had words on them that confirm they are doing a collaboration with Universal Studios.

You gasp in relief that your parents didn't fall for a scam and squeal in excitement. "This is gonna be so awesome! When are we gonna go?"

"Well, I was thinking tomorrow we board the plane," Your mom answers. "We will go back home on Thursday."

"Hehe, this is exciting, huh?" Your dad chuckles and places the paper on the table. You giggle and say, "Should I start packing my stuff?"

"Yes you can, honey," Your mom says. Everyone smiles cheerfully as a million thoughts go through your head. Spending a three day trip to America for your school break! This is amazing! And wow, your parents sure are lucky buying a special candy bag that contains a trip to Universal Studios.

You run up the stairs back into your bedroom. This is so exciting, you can hardly wait! Quickly packing all your things, you spot the golden necklace you got from the mall. Player said he lost his necklace, so you don't want to lose yours too. You decide not to bring the necklace with you to Universal Studios.

•••

After a few minutes have passed and you have showered and finished packing your clothes, you make your way down the stairs to look for something to eat. You spot your mom talking on the phone to someone.

Your mom sees you and says "bye" to whoever she was calling and hangs up the phone. "Y/n! We have great news!" "What is it?" You ask, curious.

"I just talked to Mrs. Bouchard and we agreed that their family is going to Universal Studios with us!" Your mom exclaims. Your jaw drops at those words. "WHAT?!?!?!"

Suddenly, your dad comes from nowhere and pops into the kitchen. "That's right, the Bouchard family is coming with us tomorrow! Mr. Bouchard, Mrs. Bouchard, and Player Bouchard!"