Chapter 6 - News of an Event

Y/n's POV

You step into the doorway. You have just gotten back home from school when you see your mom in the kitchen washing dishes.

"Mom?" You were surprised your mom is here and not at work. Your parents don't come home from work that early.

"Welcome back, y/n," greeted mom as she grabbed a rag to dry the dish she was holding. "How was school?"

"Why are you back from work this early?" You ask, confused. "Well me and your dad are home early because there was a plumbing problem and we can't go back until it's fixed," mom answered.

"Ohhhh," you take your shoes off and run upstairs to put down your bags. "Y/n, come down here sweetie, there's some things we need to tell you," mom yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming," you retort as you charge your phone and head out the bedroom door. You walk down the steps and see your mom and dad in the kitchen looking at you.

"Hey, so you know our neighbors next door right?" Your dad said while standing next to your mom. "Well on Friday, after you get back from school, we are going to the shopping district to go shopping with our neighbors!" Your mom excitedly said.

"Wait, really?" You ask as both your parents smile at you. "Yes, we are all gonna have some bonding time and you and Player can get to know each other better as well!" Your mom answers as you feel your heart heating up.

"Ok, thanks for the information!" You say and run up the stairs to your room to message Player about what you just heard.

"Hey! My parents said that on Friday after I get home from school we are all going to the shopping district to go shopping" You text almost at the speed of light.

It took a few seconds, but Player actually responded this time! "Oh yeah my parents told me too" he texted back as you grin widely at your phone.

"I'm so excited! ( ^ω^ )" you reply back. After about a minute Player texted, "same". You put down your phone and shriek with joy. Wait, why are you so happy about this? It's just a small hangout event with your family and his family.

You pull out your diary and start writing on the next page.

My week had started off real boring, but now it's getting more exciting! On Friday we're going to the shopping district with Player. I don't even know where the shopping district is, but I'm still ecstatic! Woohoo!

Excitedly,

Y/n