Chapter 8 - Trip to the Zoo

Y/n's POV

It has been a couple days after your shopping trip with Player and his family. On Monday you are taking school off for the day because it's a teacher-workday-student-holiday. It's only one day extended of your weekend, so you aren't too hyped for it.

It is a Sunday, and you are chilling in your bed watching Netflix, when suddenly, your mom comes into your room.

"Y/n!" Your mom called as she opened the door. "Go take a shower! We are going to the zoo in an hour with your neighbors!"

"What? Really?" You ask your mom. Your parents usually plan events like this a few days before, so you were surprised at this sudden statement.

"Yes, now go!" Your mom exited your room and you stood up. You placed your phone on the bedside table and grab some clothes from your closet. You hurry into the bathroom and lock the door.

Player's POV

You were just chilling in your gaming chair, watching a movie and chomping on popcorn when suddenly, someone bursts through the door.

"P/n! We are going to the zoo at 4:00! Go shower!" Your dad shouts and you put down your popcorn. "Why are we going to the zoo?"

"Because your neighbors are going with us and wanted to check out the zoo!" Your dad explains. "But why didn't you tell me a few days before this event happened?" You ask, bamboozled.

"They said they wanted to go and me and your mom agreed on going to the zoo this Sunday, which is today!" Your dad continued. "'Now go, clean yourself up. You look like a mess."

"Why couldn't we have gone a different day?" You ask your dad. "That girl y/n didn't have school on Monday so it would be best to go today!"

You grumble and turn off your computer screen. "Ok, I'll get ready." Your dad leaves and you pick out an almost identical hoodie and shorts to what you are wearing now and go in the bathroom.

•••

After showering, you go back into your room and grab your phone, which was charging on the side of your table. Beside your phone, you notice the capsule that contained the golden necklace you got from y/n.

You open the capsule and held the necklace in your hand. You put it around your neck and smile, enjoying the feeling of wearing something that someone else got for you. You tuck the golden heart necklace under your hoodie and walk out the door.

"P/n! Are you ready? Come on!" Your mom shouted while leaving the house. "Don't forget to lock the door!" You pull your socks up higher and put on your shoes. You close the door behind you and lock it.

•••

Y/n's POV

Your car has arrived at the zoo, parked right next to a black Nissan. You open the car door and hop out, and you see Player and his parents outside the Nissan.

"Sup y/n," Player goes up to you and greets and you return the greeting by simply saying "hi". Yours and Player's parents walk to the zoo entrance, and you and Player follow them.

The adults bought the tickets and you all now wear a paper bracelet with a pass to go into the zoo. Together, you pass the gates and go into the zoo.

"I'm gonna give you $20," your dad says to you. "Go split up with Player. Remember to call me in case something happens or if you're lost." Player's mom gives Player $20 as well and then the parents go off to see the animal exhibits.

You eagerly grab Player by the hand and say, "Let's go see the reptiles first!" You drag him towards the reptile exhibit and stop at a Galapagos tortoise enclosure.

"You can let go of my hand now," Player blushes and you look down and realize you are still holding his hand. You get flustered and say "sorry!" Player chuckles and says, "it's alright."

•••

After some time of running around looking at all the animal habitats, you and Player both rest on a bench outside of a monkey enclosure. "I'm thirsty," Player complains and you agree with him.

"Hey, let's take a picture before our parents find us," you say and pull out your phone. "Okay," Player nods and leans in closer towards you.

Unexpectedly, a monkey appears in the background behind you both and starts pinching your shoulder. You turn around and say, "OW THAT HURTS!" The monkey doesn't make any sound and continues grasping onto the bars of the enclosure, staring into your soul.

Player giggles and you hold up your phone to a position where the screen shows you and Player next to each other. The monkey behind you also appears in the photo, and you smile and snap the pic.

"I'll send the photo to you," you say after taking the picture. "Thanks, y/n," Player replies and you go into iMessage and send him the selfie you took.

"Alright, now should we find our parents?" Player raises an eyebrow and puts his hands in his pockets. "Yeah, let's go," you respond and you hold up your phone to call your parents.

•••

"Y/n! Player!" Your mom waves at you both when you get in her sight. "Mom!" You say and rush up to your parents who are next to Player's parents. They are in the amphibian section in front of the African Bullfrog enclosure.

"Did you guys see all the animals already?" Player's dad asks. "Yeah, we did," Player replies. "Are you ready to go home now?" Player's mom says.

You and Player look at each other and Player says "Yes. I'm tired." You say "Me too" and face your parents. "Okay then, we're going home," your mom says to Player's parents. "Alright, we're all going home," Player's mom announces.

•••

Player's POV

When you get home, you immediately take off your jacket and throw it in the hamper. You look at yourself in the mirror, and then head into your room.

You turn on your phone and open iMessage and see the selfie y/n took with you at the zoo. You smile and save the picture to your gallery. That girl y/n, man she's something.

You decide to vibe to some music and turn on your speakers. You play "Classic" by Bruno Mars and relax in your gaming chair. But something seems... off.

You feel like you're missing something. You look at your desk and see your phone on the side. But then, you see the capsule that y/n gave you that contained the golden necklace. The necklace!

You frantically felt around your neck to see if the necklace is still there and it wasn't. You remember you put it on before you left to the zoo. Where could it have gone?

You checked inside your hoodie and the hamper to look for the golden necklace. It wasn't there. You looked around your room and couldn't find the necklace.

"Oh no," you say to yourself. You lost the necklace y/n gave to you and now you can't find it. You look back at the selfie y/n took and was shocked.

The monkey in the background had its hand near your hoodie, looking at the camera. You also see the necklace in the photo, still around your neck but not hidden underneath your jacket like how you put it earlier. You were stunned.

Could the monkey have stolen your necklace?

•••

Y/n's POV

You jump onto your bed right after taking a shower. Today was really fun, and now you are super tired and ready to go to sleep. But before that, you pull out your diary and turn to the next page.

Today I went to the zoo with Player. We had lots of fun and I took a bunch of pictures. I even got to take a picture of me and Player together! A monkey also pinched my shoulder, lol. I am very happy with this new memory with Player.

Joyfully,

Y/n