Cursing's Gonna Get You In Trouble, Y'Know?

Mia's POV

"Come on, guys! We got this, okay?" I said, giving Lars Sua and Evie Schubert my horrible attempt at a pep talk.

"Mia. You can't play sports to save your life, I can't play sports to save my life, Lars can't play sports to save their life...just don't even try, okay? There's no use." Evie said.

"God, Evie, don't be so apathetic!" Lars said. Evie rolled her eyes and said, "Well, we all know Sunny's gonna kick butt."

"It's dodgeball, not the Olympics. I'm just here to have some fun." Lars said, picking up a dodgeball and hurling it full speed at Sunny Kobayashi, varsity soccer star and one of my best friends.

The dodgeball hit Sunny square in the back and she turned around.

"What the hell was that for?" Sunny snapped. Lars laughed and said, "Fun."

"Oh, game on, Sua. Coach? Let's play." Sunny said, cracking her knuckles and signaling for Grace Khatri to get up off the floor and play the game.

"Why do I have to be here?" Grace said. She blinked and said, "And upon seeing Sunny's facial expression, I now regret asking that question."

"For one, Khatri, this counts for like, I don't know, 30% of our term grade and I know you cannot handle another assessment grade below 50% if you want to pass sophomore year. Secondly, don't you think it's fun to hurl stuff at your classmates and make them regret ever going near you? I, for one would love to have Kai Hudson in this gym class. Dude, wouldn't it be awesome to hurl something at his homophobic butt?" Sunny screeched.

"Sunny, I comprehended none of what you said, but I do have one question. Why did you call me 'Khatri?' I have a first name, you know."

"Your first name is Grace, yet you have none of it."

"AYEEEEE! DROP THE MIC!" Lars screamed. Grace groaned and said, "Lars, what the heck? I thought you were my best friend!"

"I am your best friend. It's just that I have never heard a more amazing roast in my life!" Lars said.

Then the dreaded sound. The whistle blowing.

"GO! GO! GO!" I screamed, not realizing that Evie had scooped up almost every single dodgeball in her arms and was throwing them at rapid fire.

"I'm praying you get Sunny out sometime soon." Lars whispered. Evie looked at them and said, "If I get Sunny out, she's gonna start screaming in Japanese and probably try to tackle you, and that never ends well. We all know Sunny is a slightly sore loser."

"True. But, it's all in the spirit of the game, so..." Lars hurled a dodgeball at Sunny and it landed right on her shoulder. Before Sunny could turn around and see who hit her, Lars turned and ran the other way.

"Am I seriously out?" Sunny groaned from the corner.

"Yep." I said.

And Sunny was officially riled up. She started screaming in what I could only assume was Japanese and this boy from my algebra class started screaming "TEACHER!" at the top of his lungs.

The next thing I heard was "Kobayashi! Office, now!"

Dead silence.

It's a big deal when someone gets sent to the office here, because people rarely get in that much trouble. Even if someone did get sent to the office, they usually got hit with a "Represent your country well" lecture and were sent on their merry way.

"Fine! Geez, I'll go."

________

"What did the headmaster do to you?" Grace asked.

"Nothing too bad." Sunny shrugged,

"The 'respect Japan well' crap?" Lars asked.

"Yeah, and that's when I found out that stuck-up Canadian kid in our gym class speaks Japanese. Fluently. Which is why I should probably watch my mouth and not curse in Japanese when I'm mad." Sunny said.

"YOU CURSED?!" we all yelled at the same time.

"Dude! Even I wouldn't dare to curse, and Samoan's not a common language!" Lars said. "I usually just stick with calling you all idiots."

"We're well aware." Evie said.

"Guys, stop. Sunny learned her lesson, we're off school for the day, I'm just gonna chill and watch TV before I get a start on my homework."