a new beginning.

you could say that i would miss phoenix.. to a certain extent. despite me being an awful shade of pale, i know that at some point i would certainly come to miss the heat.

but one thing i wouldn't particularly miss would be my intemperate, unrestrained, irritable, insufferable of a man who i am required to call 'father'.

"come, shoto. you've got a plane to catch".

father insists that he ought to go on the road, to adventure and explore new places, undertaking activities of such. as much as he dislikes the idea of sending me off to live with my mother for the time being, his desire to pursue his suchlike dreams are significantly more important than tending to his so called, 'favorite' child. but by all means, if i'm able to be elsewhere from the wrath the enji todoroki withholds, i'll be more than happily content.

"sure, whatever you say old man".

..finally, the decision to leave this horrid of a place i'm supposed to call 'home'.

in the state of washington, under a near constant shelter of clouds and rain, there's a small town labeled as forks.

the town itself has a very rainy climate. even during the summer the city experiences constant rainfall and dark cloudy weather. usually it has an average of 212 days out of the year with a decent sized amount of rain.. and for someone who dislikes these types of conditions, it's absolutely pitiful

i guess this is where i'm moving to.
a damn rainforest. how exhilarating.

"shoto! come here and give your favorite sister a hug!" spoke fuyumi as she stepped out of the driver's side of the vehicle with a glowing smile.

"but.. you're my only sister?".

fuyumi.

while i was away living with father, only phone calls could do so much, especially with how little we could communicate.. hell, i probably talked to you more than i ever did with natsuo or toya –but now, seeing you in person serves substantially much more justice than the phone calls we ever shared.

"i know that sho, but chop chop" she eagerly clapped her hands and motioned to the automobile, "mom is waiting impatiently for your arrival back at the house". 

"yeah.. let's head home".

as a child, i tended to spend at least every two to three weeks here each summer.. but unfortunately to my liking and more in favor to my excruciating excuse of father, it's been a couple of tiring years since i've been to forks.

the drive back home wasn't as awkward as i thought it'd have been. fuyumi had mostly caught me up to date on the many things i've occurred to miss out on.

as we pulled into the scattered pavement, you could see mother sitting in her rocking chair on the small porch, swiftly drinking out of a mug that probably consisted of tea.
greeting her wasn't much different as it was with fuyumi.. although the first words she greeted me with had me entirely caught of guard.

"ah, shoto. your hair has gotten quite long".

"yeah.. cut it since the last time i've seen you all".

"so it seems to be. i suppose it has grown out again".

although me and fuyumi shared the greater connection out of our siblings, i decided that making small talk would be better than walking in uncomfortable silence throughout the house with her.

"nothing has really changed, huh?".

fuyumi just shrugged her shoulders in response while carrying a suitcase of mine "same old, same old".