the first sighting.

so this is it, huh?  
forks high school.

it's not that i was expecting much, really, but with the climate that this town withholds.. the place looks much more unwelcoming and miserable than any other ordinary schools seem to be. even if you were one of those people who were deemed to be fearless, it was spine-chilling enough to put you in a cold sweat.

even though the place was much, much smaller than my old school, i still struggled to find my way around.

the office was small, that was given. there were a few large desks which behind one was a woman with sea-green hair that reaches just a bit below her shoulders. she also has dark green eyes but if i had to guess, her most distinguished quality by far would have to be her persistent over the moon joyful smile.

looking at the plastic name tag on her desk, the lady's last name happened to be ms. fukukado.

"hey there! how can i be of help?"

"hello, i'm shoto todoroki. i'm.. new here".

"ah, here it is" she placed more than a few sheets of paper on the surface. "here is your schedule and also a map of the school if you happen to lose your place around here."

"thank you. have a nice day".

after the bell rang, i stepped out of the office to navigate my first class of the day.

unfortunately, being the new kid did not have its perks. i'm guessing it's scarce that you find newcomers around this location because someone noticed that i was a new face around here in an instant.

a fair-skinned short girl with what seemed like a permanent blush on her cheeks tapped lightly on my shoulder. the color of her shoulder length hair seemingly is identical to her eyes, a nice warm auburn. she also has petite bangs that reach about midway down her forehead

"hey there! i'm uraraka, but you can just call me ochako" she had this radiant look as we kept on walking throughout the hall. "so you're the new kid. your name is todoroki, am i right?".

"just shoto" i addressed. "just moved in yesterday".

"..well i'm guessing this is a lot different than where you're from, huh?" she asked.

"much different."

"speaking of which, where did you move from? if you don't mind me asking".

"phoenix, arizona".

"huh. it's warm there, isn't it?". she smiled questionably, looking me up and down.

"most of the time, yeah".

"well anyways, i hope your first day isn't all that bad," she jovially vocalized as i began to open the large doors. "and if you want, you're more than welcome to sit with me during lunch period!".

"thank you, i appreciate the offer". more or less i smiled at her and continued to walk on inside.

a few or more classes later, it happened to be lunch period. the girl that i met in the hallway, ochako, happily signaled towards me from across the area.

and then i saw them.

they all were sitting in the farthest corner of the cafeteria. it seemed to me they sat as far as they could get from other people. including our table.

there were five of them, they weren't eating, nor weren't talking even though it was lunch period; one of the only periods of the day you had the chance to do so since the school had some strict but non-strict regulations.