Episode 18

PoV: Vanilla

"Honestly another week? Is that really necessary?" The principal gulped as I grabbed a pen.

"You don't seem to really care about your students mental and physical health. I supposed the school district board would like to hear this," I handed him the pen, "Your you could sign the request for his classwork to be mailed home for this next week and the previous week. He needs rest to recover from a traumatic fire. I sure you would too."

"Alright, I understand," he sighed the page and set the pen down, "He'll be given one more week off. Then please bring him back to class."

"Of course," I took the copy of the note and put it away, "Thank you for your cooperation."

---

  I took a breath as I sat down in the car. Sonic was waiting in the back seat with a blanket, "Alright. We're done. Your school work will be mailed home over the weekend okay?"

"O-okay..." he sat up and crawled into the front seat. He leaned on my shoulder as we drove back home. I carried him inside and laid him on the couch, "Vanilla... could you stay next to me...?"

"Of course. Let me cut up some apple slices for a snack," I did just that. I cut some apple slices just for him.

"They look like bunnies," he picked one.

"Oh my," I hadn't realized I had cut the Pearl to replace Bunny ears on all the slices, "I must have done that out of habit. Cream adores bunny apple slices," I sat down besides him and he curled up against my side. He had become so clingy, I didn't mind at all, "You can ask for them that way any time."

"Thank you," he snacked very slowly this morning.

  I was getting worried about his appetite. He hadn't eaten more than half his plate since Amy assaulted him. I need to think of a way to get him a full meal, but he won't leave my side for long. Hm... I flinched as I felt him move closer, he was one more nudge from being on my lap. If only I were still breast feeding. That would have been easy.

"Sonic," I picked up the last apple slice and held it up to him, "Say Aah~♡"

  His face went red, then his cheeks faded to pink, "A-aah," he was trying his hardest. I fed it to him and he buried his face into my arm out of embarrassment.

"Good boy, you ate every slice," I pulled him into my lap. Sonic held still as I laid back with him. His head resting on my chest as I rubbed his back, "Are you nice an full?"

"Y-yes..." he was clinging to my shirt. His eye were slowly closing.

  This was a side I had never seen from him. I knew Sonic was a peaceful sleeper.

"Ah," I felt a quiet vibration and listened. It was coming from Sonic. He's purring... He must be happy. I kept rubbing his back, "Sleep for as long as you want."

"Okay..." he was starting to fall asleep, "... but... I wanted... strawberry... milk... ... ..."

"You can't have strawberry milk when you've fallen asleep," I adjusted him for a moment. He was completely asleep now, "Silly boy."

  I'll keep you purring and happy all you want Sonic. You deserved to be spoiled with all the attention in the world.  I kissed his cheek as he continued sleeping. He was still strongly purring.

"I love you."

~~~

10/28/21