Episode 3

PoV: Sonic

"I'm home," I was tired when I came home. Today was a exhausting... I had to go over the plans for rebuilding the house. As much as Tails wanted to help he didn't have a job, I was the one going to pay for it all. The government helped, but not a lot. I had used all my savings to pay for it. I didn't have any money left in the bank, now I had just come home from work exhausted, "I think I'm gonna take a nap."

"Good afternoon," Vanilla rubbed my ear.

"D-don't ah!" I covered my mouth and she let me go.

"Shall I start dinner for you?" She hugged me.

"S-Sure..." I don't remember Vanilla messing with my ears before now. Why?! Its always the ears!!!

"Mr. Sonic," Cream grabbed my hand, "Let's go pick flowers."

"Okay," I left with Cream and Cheese.

  Vanilla called us in for dinner and I stayed up late that night doing homework.

---

"Sonic? It's one in the morning, why are you still up?" Vanilla came out as I continued to scribble on my math homework.

"Oh, I'm sorry Ms. Vanilla, I just have to finish this assignment and I'll go to bed. I finished my essay five minutes ago, just have this now~" I yawned.

"Did you tell the school that your house was burned down?" She asked.

"Yeah... they just don't care..." I was falling asleep as I worked.

"Oh dear," she sat down besides me, "Why don't you stay home tomorrow?"

"I can't... I have a test..."

"What time?" She was ruffling my quills again.

"Ten... ..."

PoV: Vanilla

  Sonic feel asleep and fell onto my side.

"You're being worked to death," I picked him up and laid him on the couch. I covered him with a blanket. I took a look at his homework and set it aside. I walked into my room and found the box he had saved from the fire. Inside there were a few items. One happened to be a teddy bear with a missing eye, "Still childish."

  I sewed another button on for the second eye and fixed the tears. I placed it in Sonic's arms as he slept. I noticed last night that he slept with the microwave light on. I left it on for him tonight as well. I went to back to bed myself after that.

  Sonic was still sleeping as I cooked breakfast. He started waking up when I began making a rolled omelet.

"Huh?" He froze when the bear fell into his lap as he sat up, "When did-"

"I fixed it up for you," I fixed his quills.

"Why..." he hugged the bear.

"You're away from home, I thought you might need something to comfort you," I sat besides him and he leaned against me.

"Thank you," he purred.

"Your welcome."

  Sonic left for school, though it was obvious he was exhausted. He stayed up late and didn't finish his homework. I waiting an hour past ten to be sure he was done with his test, and I went to pick him up from school. It was friday, he'd have a long weekend, I didn't plan on letting him go to school Momday either.

"Ms. Vanilla why are you pulling me out of my classes?" He asked as we got into my car.

"You've been handling a lot by yourself Sonic, it's time to take a rest." I took him home and he fell asleep in the car. I carried him inside and laid him down in my bed so he could nap.

"Now then," I stretched, "How should I help a young boy relax?"

~~~