𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟔

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX separate lives in the same story

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
separate lives in the same story

❊ ❊ ❊

THE FEELING OF JJ's head slipping from under mine woke me up from my nap, seeing the rest of the group start to make their way to the Twinkie. The blanket was still wrapped around my body, it being the only source of warmth now that the fire had been put out. I poked my hands out from underneath the tartan material, rubbing my eyes to clarify my vision.

"The hell are we going?" I yawned.

"Hawk's nest." JJ threw his arms over my shoulders, holding me in a brief hug before pulling me up to my feet.

"Why?" I whined, still wanting to stay asleep.

"JB's macking Sarah Cameron, he wants to meet her there for some reason."

"I can hear you." John B called out from the van. "For the record, I am not macking Sarah."

I stared emptily at the boys, trying my hardest to grasp the situation whilst still being half-conscious. Once what JJ said registered in my delayed brain, my palms clapped over my mouth, covering the fact that it was wide open.

"C'mon Cami." he lead me to the vehicle, tearing my hands away from my face.

"John Booker Routledge, you little slut." I shook my head, laughing at the now-revealed secret.

"She found out, huh." Pope glanced up at the blonde boy, met with a reassuring nod.

In my exhaustive state, I threw my head back onto Kie's lap, quite like I had previously. Even if I thought the events of the past few weeks were eventful from my point of view, I never realized just as much of my friends' lives I had missed too.

I didn't really know how to feel about the news of John B and Sarah. It was partially weird considering the past fling we had, and how we had now both moved on to a Cameron sibling. However, seeing that the group wasn't completely opposed to him being her brought me an odd relief- also bringing back the thought of Rafe in the process.

Frankly, I was never fully able to shake the thought of him out of my mind. Whether it was during work, or when I was sleeping, he was always there. No matter how much I told myself I hated him, there was always bound to be some part of me that remained honest.

And the unfortunate truth was that I wanted him.

I wanted to be his, and to call him mine. I wanted every happy moment that came with his company, and every tear I'd end up spilling over him. I wanted every touch, every embrace, every kiss, everything.

I didn't want to want him, and I knew he didn't want me either. After all, he was still with Amelia, and I was nothing other than an opportunity for him to escape his white-picket lifestyle. He had me hooked on him as if he was a drug, and rather one that I wasn't planning on getting clean from.