𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟎

CHAPTER FIFTY frat house freak out

CHAPTER FIFTY
frat house freak out

THERE WERE 2 things I specifically loved about parties.

The first was the unlimited access to anything and everything that could provide intoxication- be it drugs, alcohol, or the atmosphere itself. The less obvious factor was getting ready for them, surprisingly something that excited me more than it 'should've'.

At first glance, I obviously wasn't the type of person who got dolled up on a day-to-day basis. I never had the time, money, nor effort to spend on makeup and extravagant clothing, and parties were the one occasion that I allowed that to be an exception. My restricted yet resourceful collection of cosmetics was typically locked away in my bathroom cabinet and unfortunately, with the departure from my house, stayed put exactly there.

Luckily, ever since I got with Rafe, he seemed to be overly keen on buying perfectly crafted outfits for me- be it out of enjoyment or the need to make me presentable when stuck to his side. Nevertheless, having the stress of picking what to wear taken off my shoulders was relieving to say the least.

I stared at the clothes that draped over the neatened comforter on Rafe's bed, tousling my hair over my shoulder that was consequently damp due to the shower I'd just taken. My lips curled into a faint smile as my sight caught onto the tedious blue card that came with each gift of his, a laugh drifting out of them as I noticed the lingerie that laid alongside everything else.

The second I grasped the lace set into my hold, Rafe came through the door and wasted no time in locking it, seeing as our shared occupation of the room was still a mystery to his family. His arms wrapped around my waist, resting his jaw on my shoulder whilst I continued staring at what he bought in paralytic surprise.

"Like your present?" he questioned jokingly, clearly noticing my continually shocked silence.

"Is this a present for me or a present for you?" I teased in response.

"Interpret it how you will." I could feel him smirk against my skin, "C'mon, the party starts at 7 and it's already 5. Plus, we've got like an hour's drive ahead of us."

"I didn't know we were driving there, are you fine with driving back with the state you'll be in?"

"Actually, I thought we could crash in my old dorm. Y'know, for memory's sake." Rafe used his hold on my waist to spin me around, keeping me face to face with him, "I've already got the all-clear from my roommate."

"Then what's this for if we're spending the night in a college dorm? Single beds happen to be quite restricting in movement." I gestured back to the underwear set, the smirk returning to his lips instantly.

"No one said anything about needing a bed." he placed his lips closer to my ear, his words taking the form of a whisper that could easily make me melt on the spot.