28-Organic Thanksgiving

I am spending Thanksgiving this year with the Stevens'

It isn't the first time I have, usually I claim my mom works and thats how I ended up eating organic turkey listening to Carl talk about how he wishes they could eat it everyday all year.

Yuck.

This year however they know that my moms not working. Nope she's probably with some guy or at the house drinking her life away. She could also be at the house with a guy drinking her life away.

The possibilities are endless.

I haven't told Alex about the talk I had with Cora.

Especially since she spent half of it considering Alex lower than me.

I don't get why she can't see that he's a good guy. That he hides behind all those brick walls because he was hurting.

Instead I told Alex that I wanted to wait exactly two more weeks before we told Cora.

He agreed to it saying it made sense to tell her.

This past week has in a sense flown by.

With football season done I have more time for other things, such as working towards my car.

I'm still not up to how much money I had but hey I am so close.

The one bummy thing is that Ed and Martha spend Christmas in new York visiting her sister.

They close the shop from the second week in December all the way until the second week in January.

So for that whole month I won't be working.

Bummer.

"Olivia can you come tell me if the potatoes need more salt." Sarah asks me from the kitchen.

I stand from my spot on the couch and walk over to wear she stands by the stove.

Grabbing a spoon from the drawer I dip it into the pot before taking a bite.

"It's good to me." I say and she smiles.

"Good, Alexander complains every year its not salty enough for him."

I laugh, oh I am so going to tease him about that one.

Once she finishes dinner I help her set the table.

Sarah calls out for the rest of the family to join us at the table.

Sarah and Alex sit on one side of the table while Cora and I sit on the other, Carl sitting at the head of the table.

Everyone scoops food onto their plate before we all dig in.

I take a bite of the turkey.

Yum dry bird.