32

Third Person POV:

"I like you."

It was awkward. A long, dreadful silence followed soon after Jungkook had muttered those words unconsciously. Without even meaning to, he had dropped the bomb, not even knowing how to deal with it.

Jungkook retreated his arms that were previously wrapped around the other's torso, Taehyung had turned the tap off now and was not facing him. The raven head couldn't describe the emotions he felt at the moment.

Did he mess up? Was Taehyung disgusted? Was he uncomfortable?

Taehyung suddenly turned around, eyes boring into Jungkook's brown orbs, laced with unknown emotions. Worry and sadness the most evident ones.

The raven head could finally let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when he heard Taehyung chuckle. The beautiful sound resonated the empty kitchen, filling the dreadful silence.

"I like you too, Jungkook. Of course I would." Taehyung laughed lowly.

Jungkook's face went from relief to confusion to disbelief in a second. He doesn't know if Taehyung did it in purpose or without knowing but he he was sure the type of 'like' Taehyung was talking about was not the 'like' he meant.

"I don't mean it like that, Tae." The raven head sighed, causing Taehyung's initial smile to drop and bite his lips instead.

"I like you. Not as friends like each other. I like you as...something more. Something more than just friends." He was aware of how desperate he sounded currently, but he couldn't care. Not now. 

His eyes were boring holes in Taehyung's head, who had his eyes focused on the floor, deep in thought.

A minute passed by, no word spoken between them. Taehyung just stood there and stared at the raven head who was on the verge of tears yet still managed to smile slightly.

Jungkook was too afraid to explain it further. It was his first time going through something like that. He had never felt this way for a boy, let alone a good friend. He was scared of rejection, scared that the male standing next to him would laugh at him, call him a fool for falling for his best friend.

"Jungkook. I..." Taehyung breathed out at last, making Jungkook's heart beat faster than ever, anticipation seeping in his system. Adrenaline running through his veins as his ears were focused on the words Taehyung uttered out.

"WE ARE HOME EARLY, BITCHES!" Both the males visibly flinched, backing away from each other as if something had burned them.

Jimin awkwardly stood by the door, staring at his two friends, avoiding each other's eyes. The rest of the group all came and stood next to Jimin who had stopped in the middle of the hallway, the shoppers he held earlier still mid air.

"Did something happen?", Hoseok whispered next to Jimin who came out of his trance and laughed to brush the awkwardness off.

"What were you two doing?" Jimin questioned, eyes suspiciously narrowed at Jungkook who was still working hard not to meet someone's gaze.

"We were washing the dishes." Taehyung replied not missing a beat, a smile directed to the intruders who seemed wary of the statement, keeping in view their awkwardness but decided not to question it.

"Anyways, we bought food. Let's have a movie marathon." The shortest male exclaimed, pointing at the bags that were being taken to the kitchen counter to serve.

"I'll set up the place." Hoseok offered already making way to the living room. Yoongi and Jimin trailed after the over-excited male.

"I'll bring the food." Seokjin announced, proceeding to take the food out of the bags, Taehyung offered to help him to which the older gladly agreed.