Chapter 17 Tyson {New Life, New Friends}

I woke up next to Tanner. She's beautiful. More beautiful than she has ever been before. Her features are more toned and she's more mature looking than ever. I still feel bad about her parents, I know I always will.

"Tyson? You're already up? How long do we have till school?" Tanner's voice greets me and I smile.

"I just woke up, and we still have a little before we need to wake up." I reply, my voice scruffy and deep.

"Good." Tanner looks up at me and runs her hand through my black hair. I smile at her and she returns the smile, her white teeth lining up perfectly.

Tanner leans up and plants a kiss on my cheek, then cuddles into my chest. "Wake me up soon." She says quietly.

•••

I had just walked into the school with Anne and Jason, Tanner's hand intertwined with mine. A few girls glared at Tanner but she glared back.

"I swear, you're just to perfect for these girls. You're mine now, though, and that makes me happy." Tanner looks into my eyes and I lean down to give her a kiss on her forehead.

I walked Tanner to math and then left to my class. I waited outside the door for a few minutes and held off a few girls who had way too much makeup on and smelled like they just walked out of a soap and perfume store, using all the samples.

"Guys, leave the dude alone, he doesn't like you at all, can you not tell?"

I turn around and see another boy standing by me. He had dark blue eyes and a head full of white hair. He had piercings in his nose and lip and gages in his ears. There was a bandana in wrapped around his forehead and he was glaring at the girls.

They all nodded and rushed into the classroom.

"Thanks, man." I praise.

"No problem. They did that to my brother too, before he died. It bugs me to see girls do that to any nice looking guy they see." he replies.

"I'm Tyson, Tyson Wels. I just moved here, it's my second day."

"Aiden Church. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise. So, you said your brother died. . .what happened?" I ask reluctantly.

"You wouldn't believe me." he mumbles. I give him my best 'How much do you want to bet?' look and he sighs. "My dad killed him. I'm lucky I'm not dead too, considering he pounced me too."

Aiden lifts his shirt a little and shoes a bright white scar that ran from his waist to the middle of his chest. He was toned, so I imagined that he started self defense classes when he survived.

"Dad was insane. I knew it all along, but mom didn't believe me. I never said anything to make her happy, Jaq was her favorite son so I wanted her to take a liking to me. After dad got executed and Jaq died in the hospital, she gave me this," Aiden holds up his hand. A black DemonRing shown brightly on his pale skin. "She killed herself after a day."

"I'm sorry. Seems like it's been rough, life." I say. I didn't give much pity because he didn't look like the person to want it.

"Jennaca, my sister. She's still here, as long as I have her, I'm fine." I nod and he smirks.

"What? What's that smirk for?"

"There she is now, with your girlfriend."

I had only now realized that class had flown by and we were walking down the hallway again.

"Tyson! Look! I made a friend!" Tanner calls out, her and Jennaca running towards me, laughing.

"Yo, Aiden." Jennaca says. Aiden nods and knuckle bumps her.

"Hey, Jen."

"Tyson, this is Jen, Jen, this is Tyson." Tanner says.

"That's Aiden, my brother." Jen laughs.

"I'm Aiden," Aiden nods to me.

"Tyson."

"Tanner."

"Jen!"

We all laugh then head to our next class.

I'm glad that we finally got ourselves some friends. Something about that DemonRing bugs me though. Maybe his mom was a demon. Oh well, don't sweat it.

I'm living a new life with Tanner.

A new life with my new friends.