Chapter 6: Tyson

I didn't feel anything. I watched as the vision of myself killing Tanner plays in the Darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Tanner! Hey! Didn't think I'd see you here again, after what happened last time I figured this flower field would be your least favorite place to be." I call to Tanner. I had gone back to the field to search for a certain flower.
"Oh, hey Tyson. I came back to see if I could find the ashes of the demons who attacked us." Tanner replies.
"Why do you need that!?"
"I thought that I could find some answers. I need to know if I'm really Satan's daughter. Why they're attacking me."
"Like your Satan's offspring. You would be a powerful demon that lived in Heaven." I say through clenched teeth.
Tanner looks at me with concern for a moment. "Sorry I just wa-"
"You just wanted what? To find out if you're better than all the other demons!? See if you're like ME."
"Ty-"
"I see it in your eyes. You desperately want to be like me because you think I look cool. WELL YOU KNOW WHAT TANNER! IT'S NOT JUST LOOKING COOL! You become a cursed FREAK." I scream. This isn't me. I wasn't saying this, my mouth wasn't even moving.
I turn around and almost run into someone, myself. I turn back around and to my surprise, Tanner is in front of me. I step back, into my own body.
"Listen, Tyson. That's not what I want to do, I want to know the truth." Tanner whispers.
I try to tell her it's ok, but my mouth doesn't form those words.
"As if. I saw it in your eyes the day I told you I was a demon." I growl.
"TYSON. SNAP OUT OF IT! THIS ISN'T YOU." Tanner squeals.
I'm sorry Tanner, this isn't me. Please just run as far as you can.
My fist clenches, slowly I take of my DemonRing. Tanner steps forward and tries to hug me.
TANNER! GET AWAY FROM HERE!
The DemonRing turns into a Arabelle blade and stabs through Tanner's stomach.
No. NO TANNER. WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE! Stay with me, YOU HAVE TO STAY WITH ME.
"Serves you right. Now you can burn in Hell with all the cool looking, boiled skin demons. Have fun." Words spill from my mouth.
"Tyson. I-I'll still love you. You're my best friend, nothing can break that." Tanner cries. "I love you Tyson."
Those were the last words that came from her mouth.
TANNER! NO YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE ON EARTH WITH ME. I'LL BE SO LONELY HERE. PLEASE TANNER. WHAT ABOUT YOUR MUM AND DAD. ANNE AND JASON. MY MUM.
My legs start to run as I leave the body of Tanner Scott on the ground.
By now, I'm sobbing. all I see is Tanner's limp body on the ground.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I open my eyes, I expect flames and lava, but am greeted with a familiar white ceiling. I was still in the hospital.
Why was I not dead. I was cut by a poisoned Arebelle blade. Tanner limps into the room and falls to the ground beside me.
"Are you okay!? Thanks for saving me."
"Yeah. I'm fine now that you're here," I laugh. "and no problem, fighting my own kind is normal."
Tanner giggles and my heart sudden races. What the heck, she giggled not hugged me.
"Hey. I got you something."
"REALLY!? What is it!?"
"Well it's winter now sooo," I start. I grab the box I had wrapped with Tanner's gifts in it. "here you go."
Tanner smiles and quickly opens the box. Her face lifts and I feel a small blush come to my cheek.
"I. LOVE. IT." Tanner squeals. Her cheeks are bright pink, making my heart beat a bit faster.
"Good, cause someone was gonna die if they didn't." I joke. Tanner stands up and gives me a quick hug.
My eyesight goes black for a second and a rush of power runs through me. I grunt at the overload of power.
"Oh! Sorry, shouldn't have done that." Tanner gasps sheepishly.
"No, your fine. I think the poison from the Arabelle Blade is just acting up." I lie.
Tanner nods and squeals again. she quickly puts on the hoodie and beanie. She looks like the Queen of Angels.
My heart races as I realize I had been staring at her, and my cheeks were bright red. Tanner's cheeks were red too, from my oblivious staring.
What was wrong with me, it's like I couldn't even think about her anymore without blushing. It's probably cause she's my best friend, that's what friends do....right?
"I think your mum is outside." I say as I sense another presence. A person knocks and Tanner's mum opens the door.
Tanner walks to her mum and embraces her, letting her mum cry into her shoulder.