Chapter 5: Tyson

I feel a tear slip down my cheek as I watch Tanner's eyes close. I failed her mum. I failed her. I said I would protect her! NOW SHE'S LYING HERE BLEEDING TO DEATH!
I decide to lift her with the flowers she was lying on and quickly get her in the car. The closest hospital was 10 minutes away so she had to last that long.
"Tanner. I'm going to get you to a hospital, you're going to be fine, I promise." I whisper.
I speed down the high way past many cars, the honk and yell at me but I had to keep going. I managed to cut 4 minutes of the original time to get to the hospital though. I leave Tanner in the car, my shirt was a wrap for her wound.
"ANYONE! My friend was stabbed and she's loosing blood, she's been knocked out for 15 minutes." I tell as I slam the door open. A nurse quickly calls an ambulance and the others stare at me in silence. I barged into a hospital shirtless and started yelling at them.
A doctor quickly grabs me and I take him to the car, he puts Tanner onto a stretcher and we take her into an empty room.
"How did this happen?" The doctor asks.
Oh you know, three demons attacked up and claimed she was Satan's daughter. The norm. NO WAY WAS I SAYING THAT.
"I'm not sure. I went to check on her cause she went to the bathroom and I saw her lying there." I lie.
"Ok. Well I'll need you to call her parents and yours, then you will have to wait outside until we x-Ray her and she is stable."
"Yes sir."
I panic as I realize that I had to explain what happened to her mum and dad. My chest had blood from where I had striped my shirt off with bloodied hands.
I find a phone and dial the number of Tanner's mum.
"Tyson? Hello." she answers.
"Mrs. Scott! I need you to get to the hospital just out side of town quickly, Tanner has been stabbed and she's struggling to stay with us." my voice is shaky.
"My angel. I'll be there in 20 minutes. My husband is at work so it will only be me."
"I'm sorry." I manage. I was holding back tears, I failed her terribly.
"It wasn't your fault dear, I'm sure you did all you could to protect her. I'll be there soon. Goodbye." and with that, she's gone.
I quickly find Jason's number and text him.

T: Get mum and Anne, come to the hospital out of town fast.

J: Why? What did you do this time.

T: Tanner got stabbed and mum and Anne need to see her. She's struggling to stay with me.

J: Hell. Ok be there in 6 minutes.

T: Hurry. Bye.

Mum would kill Jason if he wasn't going over the limit to get here. Mum and Anne are in love with her like family so I had to get them here too.
I sit outside Tanner's room for 30 seconds then stand and pace. I bury my face in my hands and let another tear fall. I let this happen. I WAS IN MY DEMON FORM FOR HELL'S SAKE! HOW COULD I NOW DEFEAT THEM WITHOUT TANNER GETTING HURT!?
"Dude. Chill. She'll be fine." Jason thinks. That's right, he could hear everything I thought if he needed to.
"Ok."
Before I knew it both family's walked by.
"TYSON!" Anne screams. Across my arm was a new tattoo, Protector it said. "WHAT HAPPENED." she runs into my chest.
"We got attacked, I tried to beat them before they got to Tanner, but I wasn't fast enough."
"It's going to be okay man. Don't worry." Jason says.
"Is this Tanner's room?" Mrs. Scott says.
"Yes." I whisper. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect her, look what I've done."
Mrs. Scott starts to cry and the doctor comes out.
"A broken rib, a horrid stab wound, but if she makes it through the night she'll live. Her mum can visit her first."
Mrs. Scott runs to Tanner's side and sobs into her hand. "You have to make it through the night my angel, I haven't seen you marry, I don't have little baby grandkids! Please." she cries.
After 30 minutes Mrs. Scott leaves and Mum, Anne, Jason, and I go into Tanner's room.
Anne starts to cry and mum comforts her. Jason stands by me, making sure I don't have a breakdown either.
"Tyson?" Tanner barely says.
"Tanner. T-TANNER!" I almost scream back. "Are you ok." I say. Before she can answer, she's asleep again.
I fall to the ground by her bed and after 3 hours, sleep.

•••

It had been a week now, Tanner was in a mild coma, but I hadn't left the spot by her bed. I watched her everyday, had a one sided conversation with her, and brought her flowers.
I did my schoolwork at the hospital, because she would kill me if I didn't. I decided that I would go buy her a present for when she woke up, so I went to the store.
Winter would be here before we knew it so I decided to get her a sweatshirt. I found a white sweatshirt with black wings on the back.
I also got her a beanie and some mittens for if we wanted to go to the cemetery during wintertime.

•••

It has now been two weeks since the attack. The doctor said she could wake up any day now.
Mum and Anne were worried about me, since I had been sleeping at the hospital for fourteen days. it was my fault Tanner was like this though, so I had to stay here to make sure she was ok.
It want until a day before the third week that something finally woke her from her slumber.
"T-Tyson? Where am I? W-what happened?" Tanner's sweet voice greeted me.
"Tanner! We're at a hospital outside of town, we were attacked by demons and you got stabbed in the progress."
"Oh. Did mum come to see me. I'll bet she's worried to death. When did this happen? A day ago?"
"Your mum came as soon as I called her to tell her what happened, and it's been almost three weeks."
Tanner's eyes widen in shock. Her wound was almost healed but her rib was still broken.
"Three weeks!?" Tanner says. "I have to see mum!"
She grunts in pain as she tries to sit up. "Your rib is still broken so take it easy ok. I'll call your mum and tell her your ok."
"No. I can call her myself."
"Ok, here's your phone." I say. Tanner grabs it and dials her mum.
"MUM! Oh my god! I'm awake, can you come see me?!." Tanner says. I hear crying on the other end of the phone, then Tanner smiles. "See you soon then. Love you, bye."
Tanner hands me the phone, and smiles. "She thought that it was you calling to tell her something bad had happened."
"No, a miracle has happened."
We talk to each other until there is a knock on the door. "There's your mum, I'll get it."
I walk over and open the door. Then I feel wall and floor. "WHAT THE HELL." I scream.
"NO! LET ME GO! STO-" Tanner squeals.
I transform into a demon and attack the other demon. He wasn't fast, but he had strength. I release Tanner and she stumbles out the door.
"LEAVE HER ALONE!" I yell.
"NO." The other yells back. I run at the demon and strike it as hard as I can. It pulls out a Arabelle Blade and slits my cheek.
I equip my Blade too. The other demon shows shock in his face but still tries to fight. I manage to trip him, and stab him through the heart.
After ten seconds, the demon turns to ash and sinks back to Hell.
I fall, I got hit by an Arebelle Blade, it's poisoned me.