Chapter 6: Slits

*Mitch POV*

I noticed Jerome looking at me curiously. I think that he noticed that my checkered hoodie was up high above my neck and past my hands.

--Flashback--

I had been cutting last night and I understand why Jerome does it. All that is wrong with you just seems to float away, leaving you in control. I had made only one cut in each wrist. One for love, the other for lust. But that wasn't the end. On my neck there were the incisions for the fact that Jerome nearly died. I couldn't believe that I had actually let him go out there. I knew that he was nervous but I still made him do it. I sliced and chopped but it felt to good to stop. I eventually passed out on the floor in a pool of my own blood.

--End--

I had decided that I would tell Jerome today. When I walked in he I found that he was in tears. I ran over to him, wanting to know what was wrong.

"It's n-nothing, just a n-nightmare,"

"It's ok, it's just a nightmare, like you said

I felt that it wasn't really nothing and that something big was on his mind. He seemed slightly detached from what I was saying. Although, he did seem to be hanging onto my every word. Maybe he's just checking if I'm being truthful.

"Well I have a surprise for you,"

Was I really doing this? Telling him? I felt as if I had a need to.