Chapter 18: Wake Up Call

*Jerome POV*

When I woke up Mitch was still asleep. Perfect. He couldn't be awake for what I had planned for him. I snuck into the game room and grabbed a couple of Nerf Guns. Mitch would hate me for this but I had to make sure that he knew that I was the same old Jerome, cancer or no cancer. I snuck back into our room where he was still sleeping peacefully, but not for long.

The Nerf Guns were loaded and I started bombarding him with the foam bullets. Mitch woke up groaning and looked straight at me.

"Jerome, what the hell are you doing?" Mitch said as he stifled a yawn.
"I'm showing you that we can still have fun no matter what," One more bullet shot out of my gun just to prove my point.

I tossed him another gun then proceeded to run out of the room. Tearing around a corner I hid under the bed. Mitch's footsteps were getting closer and closer to me as he got to the room.

"Jerooome, I know you're in there,"

I shot at him a couple of times before scrambling out from under the bed. Pushing past him, I ran outside to the backyard where the pool was. Mitch followed me out, shooting at my running body. I was trapped. There was only one way to go. I jumped into the water.

It moved around me enveloping me. Nerf bullets were firing through the water. Mitch jumped in after me and embraced me in a hug. Bubbles escaped from his mouth as he said this sentence.

"I love you,"