Chapter 21: The V-Log

*Mitch POV*

When I woke up I paced around our bedroom. What would the fans say if they discovered that Jerome had cancer and we were about to marry? We needed to make a video on this and soon. I guess my pacing must have woken Jerome up because he sat up in the bed. Something was different about him though somehow. When it hit me I mentally face palmed. Jerome's hair had fallen out.

I must have stared at Jerome for too long, letting worry get into my eyes.

"Mitch buddy, what's wrong?"
"J-Jerome, your hair has fallen out,"

Jerome felt his bald head.

"I guess I'm a shaved Bacca now,"

This comment allowed a slight grin to come to my face. That grin fell though when I remembered about the catch-up video that we had to create.

"Jerome, we need to update our fans on what has happened between us and about the cancer,"

He looked at me sadly, as if he didn't really want to tell the fans about something as personal as that. I got out the camera and started recording.

"Hey what's going on doods, it's me Mitch or BajanCanadian here with a v-log. This v-log is to catch you up on a few things that has been happening recently. The first thing is that, well, as you most likely have noticed, Jerome is bald. This is because he has cancer and has recently gotten his chemotherapy done. The second thing is that.... WE GOT ENGAGED! Yes, Merome is now official,"

I gave Jerome a peck on the lips to prove my point and ended off the episode. Jerome slumped down in the chair and just stared at the tv looking glum.

"Jerome, what's wrong?"
"What's wrong you ask? What's wrong? What's wrong is the fact that I have cancer, after all of the shit I have been through my life. Do I really need to explain more?"

This small rant seemed to take the rest of Jerome's energy out of him. Jerome fell asleep in the chair so I took him upstairs to our bedroom. I lay him down on the bed and just got lost in his small smile. The small smile that will eventually be wretched from my tight grasp.