Chapter 17: Date

*Jerome POV*

I awoke truly this time, gasping for air. Mitch came in, telling me that I would be able to go home soon but I would have to be under constant surveillance.

"Jerome, would you like to go on a date in the park with me?"
"Of course Mitch, I would love to,"

Mitch was able to sneak me out of the hospital to his car. When I entered the aroma of freshly made food washed over me. We got to the park, the sun giving off a swirl of red and orange across the sky. Mitch layer out the checkered picnic blanket that looked like his hoodie. He layer out the food and we started to dig in. After we finished eating we stretched out to look at the stars.

"Jerome, what do you think stars are?"
"I think that the stars are lighthouses shining to each other and me,"
"Why you?"
"Because one day I'm going to go up there and befriend one of them,"

We just continued to lay there with Mitch in my arms, nearly asleep. I hugged him closer too me, hoping that he'd never leave. I told him that we had to get home and fast. We packed up and just went home. Mitch and I were just lost in our thoughts throughout the entire ride. In my thoughts I was thinking about the future and what would happen to us.

.