Chapter 14: The Bad News

*Jerome POV*
I slipped the noose on around my neck. I kicked the stool away from underneath me. I felt the rope tug against my neck, straining my body. The door was flung open. Mitch ran inside.

"Jerome? Oh Jerome, I'm sorry I didn't mean it,"

I felt myself start to slip away...

*Mitch POV*

As Jerome lost consciousness I realised that I had to get the noose off of him and fast. I did so and took him down to his room to try and breath again. I didn't believe that I said all of that to him, making him try to kill himself. Although, I didn't understand why he was cutting. Maybe he had something to tell me...

When Jerome woke up, I got him changed into some new clothes to take him to the hospital. He went into the car without complaint. But then he asked the question that killed me.

"Why did you come back for me?"
"Because I love you Jerome, I truly do,"
"But why are you taking me to the hospital?"
"Because Jerome, we need to get you checked up,"

I got to the car park and Jerome tried to get out. I lock the doors and he looks at me.

"Why did you do that?"
"Did you really think I'm letting you walk inside?"

I go around to his side of the car and pick him up. I walk through the entrances and tell the receptionist that we needed to see if Jerome was okay.

We were called into a room, but they told me to leave as they needed to do some testing on him. When the doctor came back he had a sad look in his eye.

"Do you want the good news or the bad news,"
"The bad news first please,"
"Well Jerome, Jerome-"