Chapter 10: Lies

*Jerome POV*
My eyes fluttered open and was instantly blinded by the harsh sunlight. I looked next to me and Mitch wasn't there. I sat up straight. Where was he? Did something happen to him? I got out of bed and went downstairs to the kitchen.

"Mitch, where are you?"
"I'm here,"

Mitch came into my view. He was still here. He hadn't left me. So why did I have a strange feeling that something was wrong. It must have been my imagination.

I decided that I wanted to watch a horror movie with Mitch. I knew that he got easily scared so he was bound to just jump into my arms.

*Mitch POV*

"Mitch, do you want to watch a horror movie?"
"Er, I-I guess so but y-you know that I get easily sc-sc-scared,"

Jerome just smirked and inserted the movie into the TV. Chuckie started up and I was already shaking. Jerome pulled me closer to him, holding me in a tight embrace. I rested my head in the crook of his neck and started to watch the movie.

"Oh, by the way, I never loved you," Jerome told me.
"W-what?"
"You heard me right slimeball. Or do I have to spell it out for you. I. Never. Loved. You."

My heart shattered into a thousand pieces. Jerome never truly loved me. I broke down into tears.

"Yeah, that's right, cry, I only dated you because I pitied you,"
"W-what happened to being to-together forever?"
"I lied,"