Chapter 12: Graduation Day (Part 1)

*Mitch POV*

Today is the day that we graduate. Jerome will finally get away from those awful bullies. NO MORE SCHOOL! When I woke up Jerome was down in the kitchen making us some breakfast. I creeped downstairs, preparing to sneak up on Jerome. I went to the kitchen but he wasn't there.

"Jerome, where are you?"
"OOGA BOOGA!"

Jerome jumped in front of me and I felt our lips connect. When we leant away he was blushing.

"Are you excited for the last day of school Mitch?"
"Course I am buddy!"

We left the house and began to walk towards school. The graduation ceremony was about to start.

*Jerome POV*

We got closer and closer to the school. I took my hand away from Mitch's and he looked at me. I told him that it was for the better and that he should go on ahead. I waited a bit after Mitch walked in before I did. When I did though, I was knocked out by a punch that flying to the side of my head.

When I came to, the room that I was in was damp and smelled like vile creatures. I was chained to the wall.

"Nice of you to join us,"

Who said that? Where were they? I whipped my head around trying to find them. They stepped out into the dim light, twirling a knife in their hands.

"You may have gotten away from death last time but this time I'll make sure that you won't,"

He proceeded to cut my wrists and I had no way to stop him. He then went up my arms, tracing them in thin cuts. He eventually stopped but said something that killed me.

"Go back to your "darling" Mitch and see what he says when he sees you covered in cuts again. Maybe then he would think twice about dating someone as UGLY as you with that big nose and crap coloured eyes. Maybe then he would truly see who you are."