Chapter 25: The Wedding

*Mitch POV*

It was the day. I was out of the hospital and ready to go. My wedding. I looked in the mirror and fixed up my tie. Everything had to be perfect for that Bacca of mine.

I looked towards the big wooden doors that led the way to where I had to wait. Walking through, not that many people were there. Jerome and I had decided that not that many people were to be invited as we wanted it to be private. Connor was barely even allowed in.

Turning to face the door where Jerome would come in I started to sweat. Once again I had that eerie feeling that something bad was going to happen. I shook it off quickly, nothing could ruin this great day.

Suddenly, the doors burst open. Out came Jerome, looking amazing as usual. He was still the same man that I had fallen in love with that day long ago. Jerome walked down the aisle like a professional. Jokingly, I wondered how many times he had done this to get his walk that perfect. Coming to a rest next to me, he turned and looked me in the eyes. Jerome flashed a brief smile at me that I returned.

The priest continued on his babble that I tuned out of. It wasn't really that interesting. I perked up when it was close to when Jerome and I were going to kiss.

"I now pronounce you, husband and husband. You may kiss the br-groom,"

Everyone went into fits of laughter. Obviously the priest wasn't used to gay marriages. Jerome tilted my face to look at him. I leaned in for the kiss, a warm, comfortable feeling growing in my stomach.

Jerome suddenly felt limp. I broke of the kiss to find him slumping over.

"CALL AN AMBULANCE!" I yelled out into the crowd.

Everyone was in a panic but someone had the brains to call the ambulance. When it arrived it took Jerome away from me, maybe forever...