Chapter 11: The End is Near

*Jerome POV*

Mitch fell asleep in my arms. A smile came to my lips. But then I realised that he began crying, whimpering that he would always love me. I gently began shaking him.

"Biggums, come on, wake up,"

Mitch woke up with a start. He looked up at me with his tear-stained face and asked the question that just killed me.

"Do you truly love me?"
"Of course I do Mitch, I will always be here for you, through thick and thin,"

Mitch didn't seem like he believed me. I forced him to look at me and leaned in for a kiss. He kissed back and I swear that I saw fireworks. We just ended up continuing watching the movie.

*Mitch POV*

I cracked open my eyes and saw Jerome lying next to me heavily breathing. I looked at the alarm and realised with a shock that we were late for school. I shook Jerome awake and pretty much scrammed. I did remember to wait for Jerome though.

"Biggums, do I have to go," Jerome said wearily.
"Of course but lighten up, we graduate this school tomorrow ,"

We continued walking to school.

At the end of school me and Jerome met up at the school gates. He had fresh purple bruises on his cheeks. I gently touched them but he still flinched. Nothing was said. I grabbed his hand and started walking back home.