eight

My eyes flutter open

My eyes flutter open. My head feels split down the middle, my stomach aches and something else hurts. A different part of my stomach. I shook my head and looked around however not recognizing the place I was at. Quickly I sit up and regret my decisions closing my eyes quickly and reaching up my hand, grabbing my head.

"Hey, you're awake," Flo's voice spoke. I open my eyes and look to find Flo coming from around a corner and sitting down on the chair as I was laying on a couch.

"Flo? What the hell?" I question, a whole bunch of confusion washing over me. I toss the blanket that was on me off of me and see I'm in jeans and my shirt from work. "Didn't I wear this last night at work? Oh my god-"

"Actually you wore that Friday night. It's Sunday afternoon," Flo said cutting me off and my eyes grow wide as I look to her and shake my head.

"No. No. No. I'm dead!" I exclaim and search myself for my phone until my eyes wonder around me spotting it on the table. I reach forward and see no texts or calls. "Why don't I have any texts or calls?"

"I covered for you so did Kat," Flo responds as I look at her. She leans back in her chair and sips her coffee as I tilt my head. "Kat was texting like crazy so I called her, explained what was going on. She told your dad that you were staying there and then your dad began texting you, so I texted him that you're fine, or well I put 'I' so he thought it was you."

"He really bought me staying at Kat's?"

"Guess so. Haven't heard anything else."

I nod and toss my legs off of the couch standing up, feeling sick. "God, I feel like shit," I mumble.

"You mixed drugs with alcohol, you're lucky you're not dead." I look to Flo and shake my head, rolling my eyes. I tear my eyes from her and reach down grabbing my phone.

"Yeah well thanks for letting me crash," I say and slip my shoes on grabbing my book bag that was placed on the side of the couch. I slip it on as I hear Flo stand up.

"Need a ride?" Flo asks and I shake my head but then look to her. Flo nods and sits her coffee down on the table walking to the door. "Come on." I nod and follow behind her out the door of her apartment. We walk down the hall and to the elevator. It's not long before we're in her car driving. I tell her my address and she nods, driving that way. Both of us remain quiet, except she ends up putting on the radio. I didn't really pay much attention. My mind was swirling trying to remember Friday. I couldnt remember anything really. I remember school and then detention. Then leaving and going to the bar and asking Macy for something to help me stay awake. After that it's all a blank. Why is it all a blank?