thirteen

{Warning: I know every chapter should have a warning, but this chapter in particular due to the fact I know so many readers on here identify as LGBTQIA+ and the fact that the things said/done pained me to write it, I just want to give a warning an...

{Warning: I know every chapter should have a warning, but this chapter in particular due to the fact I know so many readers on here identify as LGBTQIA+ and the fact that the things said/done pained me to write it, I just want to give a warning and say please be careful and know I do not condone hate towards the LGBTQIA+. I adore this community and will always fight for us, for you. This is just a made up story.}

"Why is it such a full house tonight?" I ask Flo as she comes to the back. I set down the box of glasses, wincing as I stand back up and face my boss.

"I have no clue, but whatever it is, I'm thankful," Flo responds signing something. "Hurry up with your break. We need you." I nod and Flo sets down the clipboard, giving me a warm smile before heading out the door. I nod and lick my lips turning away and going to my locker. I open it up and reach to the back of my bag grabbing the small bottle of alcohol. I glance towards the door to make sure it's clear before downing the bottle. It burns down my throat and I squeeze my eyes together, shaking my head.

"Y/N, Flo's busting my balls out there. We need some help," Kyle says from the doorway. I jump pushing the bottle into my locker and closing it, looking to him. I nod and he eyes me curiously before nodding and exiting the room. A low sigh escapes my lips as I head out the door and get to the bar. However when I walk out there I'm met with even more people. My eyes widen but feel someone push me slightly. I glance over my shoulder to Macy who winks at me and heads to the back.

Confusion settles over me but I push it aside and head to the bar. "Hey, what can I get you?" I ask picking up my head and locking eyes with Michael's. My eyes go wide and I feel uneasy. A smirk inches onto his lips and he tilts his head.

"I'll take a beer," he says and I nod, taking a step back and bending over a bit, grabbing a beer. I slide it to him and look back at him as he hands over a 10 dollar bill winking before he gets up and walks away from the bar. I sink my teeth into my bottom lip. There's no way he just knew where I worked.

"Hey can I get a round of beers?" Someone shouts from the bar as I stare down at the bar, feeling off. But I don't get to soak in it for too long feeling hands on my shoulders causing me too jump.

"Hey, you alright?" Kyle asks and I glance over my shoulder to him, seeing him look back and forth between my eyes. I nod, biting my lip as he nods back. "I got them. Take a minute if you have too." I nod as his hands drop from my shoulders and get the people who asked for a round of beers, their beers. I, on the other hand, turn around and head back to the back. I stand back there a few moments, just giving myself a second. The image of Michael burning inside my head, ordering a drink. I didn't tell anyone where I work except well Kat. But I told her at my house, not school for this sole purpose. And Alycia only knows because well it's legal for her to be here. Speaking of which I don't even know how old that woman is. Oh my god...I gave a minor an alcoholic beverage. Flo is going to kill me if she finds out, yet then again I've had a few drinks myself. So would she really?