fifteen

"Here," Alycia gently says setting down a water bottle on the desk

"Here," Alycia gently says setting down a water bottle on the desk. It was while before we broke apart. I wanted to keep hugging her but knew we couldn't. Even if it was just to comfort me. She had went to the teacher's lounge to get the water from the vending machine. And not going to lie I did think about leaving several times while she was gone, but couldn't bring myself to do it. I was mainly just terrified to walk out of the school. Between Michael beating me up that day from the assembly and from last night... I just didn't want to not be outside.

A low sigh escapes my lips as I glance to the water bottle and Ms. Debnam-Carey sits back down in the seat beside me. My body was facing her, my eyes still lingering on the water bottle. However I didn't feel the energy to pick it up.

"You should drink some. Even if it's just a little," Alycia softly said and I shook my head tearing my eyes from the water and down to my hands. I begin messing with my fingers clenching my jaw a moment.

"I- You need to promise me you won't tell anyone what I say," I whisper, avoiding eye contact but feel and see Alycia reach over and take my hands into her own.

"Y/N, if someone is hurting you, they have to be held responsible," Alycia whispers and I sink my teeth into my lip shaking my head.

"What if it makes it worse? Wha-What if I deserve it? Maybe I shouldn't even say anything..." I whisper quieter than I had intended. Alycia squeezes my hands and I gently pick up my head.

"Hey, don't do that. Whatever happened was not your fault and whatever happened this person will get in trouble."

"But he never does..." Slowly I pick my head up all the way and meet Alycia's worried eyes as she shifted them between mine. Swiftly she gets out of her seat and back down on her knees in front of me, making sure her eyes never left mine.

"I promise you I will do everything, everything in my power to make sure he gets in trouble, but you have to trust me... What did he do to you?" My eyes slowly go back and forth between her green eyes feeling her squeeze my hands. We sat in silence as I looked at her. I didn't know what to do right now. I knew I needed to tell her but if I told her, would she look at me differently knowing my innocence was taken from me without my consent. My head drops and I squeeze my eyes together tightly.

"At the assembly, I ran out and Michael-" I pause and cringe at his name. I feel Alycia's thumb rub back and forth on my hand encouraging me to continue. "He kicked me repeatedly after I stood up for Zola."

"That's why you winced every time you moved?" Alycia gently said and I nod my head pulling my hands away from Alycia and gently lift my hoodie. I keep my eyes away from Alycia but heard her gasp. After I do I quickly drop my hoodie and wrap my arms around my stomach. "Y/N..." Alycia breathes out and I shake my head from side to side.

"Last night... Last night he showed up at my work. It spooked but I didn't think really anything of it ya know? And I should have— I should have. I should have had Kyle walk me home or Flo drive me home, but I didn't." My breathes go in and out rapid. It hurt and I could feel my body shake as I spoke staring at one spot. Tears fill my eyes and slip down my cheeks again. Immediately Alycia places her hands on my knees before reaching one hand up and placing them on my arms.