Chapter Twenty-Two: Elena and the Secret of Avalor. Part Two

We finally get to Alacazar's house. Sofia knocked on the door and a woman opens it for us. We asked about Alacazar but the woman didn't seem to want to talk about it. So, she shut the door on us. But a boy got our attention asking how Sofia knew what a chanul was. He introduced himself as Mateo, Alacazar's grandson.

"Wait. You're Alacazar's grandson?" Sofia asked

"You know my grandfather?" Mateo asked

"Uh, sort of. My name is Sofia."

"And I'm her older sister (Y/N)," I said

"I know this might sound strange, but your grandfather sent me here to free Princess Elena and my sister's going to help," Sofia said

"Princess Elena?! Wait. That means... that's the Amulet of Avalor," Mateo said pointing at Sofia's amulet

"Yes. How did you know?" I asked

"My mother told me the story so many times, I memorized it. Follow me," Manteo said walking away.

"Where are we going?" Sofia asked, following

"To my workshop."

We follow him to a hole in the wall. We just crawled in, following Mateo. We made our way down a secret hallway.

"When Queen Shuriki took over, she banned all magic except her own," Mateo explained

"So there are no wizards in Avalor? That's why she didn't want me to stay because I had magic," I said as we arrived in a room full of spellbooks and scroles.

"Not anymore. My grandma hid all my grandpa's things down here, but my mother never wanted anything to do with it. So it sat here all locked up until I found it. I've been trying to teach myself magic ever since. Okay, now let me think. I just need a few things."

Mateo took a few drumsticks, a candle, a book, and a carpet and set them all on the floor. 

"Okay, sit here, Sofia and (Y/N)," Mateo said rolling out the carpet

"Why?" I asked

"We're going to summon my grandpa's chanul," Mateo set down some drums too

"What is a chanul exactly?" I asked as we all sat down

"A spirit animal."

"Oh, kinda like a Patronus?"

"Yes, exactly like one but different. It's like a guide to all the magic stuff in the world that we can't see, like Princess Elena and it can't protect you from Dementors and everyone skilled in magic only has one and everyone's is different. Anyway, it was my grandpa's chanul who figured out she was in the amulet and told him how to get her out. Here we go. Now where's my tamborita?" he took a drum and the drumstick and looked over the spell, "Okay, this is the first time I've tried this incarnation, so it may not work for the first eight or nine times. Maybe ten."

Mateo tried the spell but his drumstick broke so he tried again. This time, Alacazar's chanul appears. Mateo greets the chanul and the chanul talks to them. He introduced himself as Zuzo. He approached me and Sofia.

"So, you're the princess and sorceress that's gonna free Elena," Zuzo said

"I guess so," Sofia said

"All right then. Now here's what you two gotta do."

"Wait. I thought I just had to summon you."

"Uh-huh, so I can tell you and your sister how to get her out. That's what spirit guides do. They guide you. First, you're gonna need the wand that put Elena in there."