Chapter Fifty: Get this Right

Cedric and Greylock have been talking lately. Nothing bad, of course. They want to propose to (Y/N) and Madisyn but that will be more challenging than confessing to the girls. They decided to have a double date but they would be in different areas when it was time to propose. They had the rings, the date that will be at the beach, and actually rehearsed what they were going to say. Greylock's was perfect while Cedric was an absolute mess.

He's not like Greylock who is practically a master at this stuff. Cedric was stumbling over his words, stuttering, and just wasn't doing good, at all. Greylock tried his best to help him. Cedric just decided to improvise. They set up the date at the beach and waited until sunset before getting the girls. They were busy planning the school and how it would look. The two had to tell them to take a break to get the girls to follow them.

So, they followed them to the beach and saw the little picnic they planned and prepared. They loved it. So small yet so sweet. They started their date which went great. When it was time, Greylock gave Cedric their secret signal saying it was time and he and Madisyn left.

"What's going on?" (Y/N) asked

Cedric stuttered a little, "Something Greylock and I have been planning for a while..."

"What is it? Is this about us working on the school too much?"

"No, no, no! It's not you, it's me. The timing and the setting aren't what I thought they'd be. There's probably someone better for you out there anyway. Maybe I just need some space. Though I should just come out and say I wanna get this right, baby, I wanna thrill you in the way you deserve. I wanna blow your mind, darlin'. I'm just having trouble getting up the nerve. I wanna give you what you want. I wanna be the man you choose. I wanna sweep you off your feet without puking on your shoes.'

'Maybe I'll do better in the candlelight. I gotta get this right,' (Y/N) tried coming over to him, 'No, no, no, stay right where you are. I'll put out the fire in my love. I wanna make you swoon, baby, I wanna rock you with my righteous romance. I wanna set a mood, darlin' but I'm sweatin' through the seat of these pants!'

"Are you okay?" (Y/N)asked

'I had planned to read a poem, I thought I'd play a little lute. Ooh! Here's a thing, I've got a ring I didn't bring!' Cedric just realized this, 'Oh, shoot! So this went very well, good night! I didn't get this right.'

"Cedric, it's okay, come back!" (Y/N) stopped him from trying to leave

'I've never been in love before. I don't know what I'm doing. I've never been too worldly in the ways of woman-wooing. I'm freezing up, I'm blowing it. Not what I'm meant to do. I know how crazy lucky I am to love you. Gorgeous, funny, brave, and brilliant, beautiful, won't give up on anyone. You, ohhh!'

"Awww!"

'I wanna get this right, baby. I wanna love in the best way I can. I wanna make you cry in a good way! By proving I could be your perfect man. I meant to write it in the sky, I meant to get down on one knee, I planned to really try to be the opposite of me but, (Y/N), I will love you with all my might. I promise you, in here, I've got that part right or maybe we should do this on some other night,' Cedric was about to leave when he just thought he should just say it, "Wait! (Y/N) the Magnificent, will you marry me?"

"Yes! You got that right!' (Y/N) said smiling

'Baby, I'm gonna thrill you in the way you deserve,' they said smiling, 'We're gonna get this right, darlin'. As long as we're together we won't lose our nerve.'

'I'm gonna be the man you want,' Cedric said smiling

'Guess what - you already are,' (Y/N) said smiling

'I wanna make your life so good.'

'You're doin' pretty good so far.'

'We got the hard part over with now hold me tight. We're gonna get this right!' they said smiling

They shared a kiss. Now, you're probably wondering how it went with Greylock and Madisyn. Well, Madisyn thought now would be a good time to show Greylock her Frost Giant side because she thought this would change his opinion of her. But it never changed. She's still the same girl he fell in love with. Madisyn got no response from him so she assumed that he didn't like her anymore. But Greylock was going to prove her wrong. 

'Oh, your eyes, your eyes make the stars look like they're not shinin'. Your hair, your hair falls perfectly without you tryin'. You're so beautiful and I tell you every day. Yeah, I know, I know when I compliment you, you won't believe me and it's so, it's so sad to think that you don't see what I see but every time you ask me, "Do I look okay?" I say...'

'When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change 'cause you're amazing just the way you are and when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while 'cause girl, you're amazing just the way you are. Yeah, your lips, your lips I could kiss them all day if you'd let me. Your laugh, your laugh you hate, but I think it's so sexy.'

'You're so beautiful and I tell you every day. Oh, you know, you know, you know I'd never ask you to change. If perfect's what you're searchin' for, then just stay the same. So don't even bother askin' if you look okay. You know I'll say when I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change 'cause you're amazing just the way you are.'

'And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while 'cause girl, you're amazing just the way you are. The way you are. The way you are. Girl, you're amazing just the way you are. When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change 'cause you're amazing just the way you are and when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while. 'cause girl, you're amazing just the way you are. Yeah.'

"You really think I'm pretty like this?" Madisyn asked

"I really do. And that's why I'm here, on my knee," Greylock got on one knee and took the ring out of his pocket, "Asking you to marry me."

After a moment of shock, Madisyn also said yes. Finally, they're moving to the next stage of their relationship. Neither thought they'd ever be here today but they are and they'd never forget this day ever.