Chapter Forty-Eight: Erik's love problem

It's been a few years since (Y/N) and Cedric got together and they're really happy together. But Cedric has yet to propose. To give you an idea of how long it's been, all the kids are now teenagers. And Erik hasn't liked it much. He has been ready to tell Christine that he likes her but he had two problems. A few kids in his school had revealed his face to the whole school and Christine so now people are terrified of him and Christine is dating that other boy that was mentioned.

He returned back to the castle angry and in tears. He hadn't told his parents what happened when they picked him up. They tried to ask but he just lashed out that he didn't want to talk about it. He's always had anger issues ever since he was a child. Patty thought it was because he has a bad opinion on his face but now she doesn't know. Erik went to his room and took his mask and wig off.

He looked in the mirror at the horror he's been cursed with. No one could love him with a face like that. He took a took for the fireplace and used it to smash the mirror. He doesn't like to look at it either. Hearing the commotion outside, (Y/N) went in to see what was wrong. She saw his face and the broken mirror. But she wasn't scared.

"Erik, why did you break your mirror?" (Y/N) asked fixing it with her magic. 

"SOME FLOP STOLE MY CRUSH AND SHE SAW MY FACE SO NOW SHE'S TERRIFIED OF ME! HOW COULD SHE LOVE A MAN WTH THIS FACE?! I SMASHED THE MIRROR BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO LOOK AT IT EITHER NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!" Erik yelled

"I won't. And stop yelling. That's not solving your problems. Now, think about the situation. You think your crush chose someone else because of your face?"

"It's obvious. Look at me! If Cedric had this, you wouldn't be with him, now would you?"

"There's a difference between loving someone because of their looks and loving someone for them."

"I've already heard that story. Beauty and the Beast. It's not possible."

"Then I'll tell you a new one," Erik looked at her, 'Once a lass met a lad. "You're a gentle one," said she, "in my heart, I'd be glad if you loved me for me. You say your love is true and I hope that it will be".'

'I'd be sure if I knew that she loved me for me,' Erik said turning away

'Could she be the one you're seeking? Will she be the one you choose? Can you tell her heart is speaking? Her eyes will give you clues.'

Erik looked in the mirror, starting to understand, 'What she sees may be deceiving. Truth lies underneath the skin.'

'Hope will blossom by believing.'

'The heart that lies within,' they said

'I'll be hers. Together we shall always be as on if she loves me for me,' Erik said finally understanding

'Who can say where you'll go,' (Y/N) said smiling

'I'll be hers,'

'Who can promise what will be.'

'Together we shall always.'

'But she'll stay by your side.'

'Be as one.'

'If she loves you for you.' 

'If she loves me for me.'

'If she loves you for you.' 

'If she loves me for me.'

Erik had to say something to Christine. So, he sent her a letter asking to meet at the edge of the woods next to the castle. Christine knew it was Erik because of his handwriting. He's sent lots of notes to him before. Love letters. But she never got the hint until now because Erik finally signed the letter. So, she decided to meet him there. But what she didn't expect to see was him with just his mask off. 

"Please don't scream. I wanted to talk," Erik said

"About what?" Christine asked.

"I love you, Christine. I know you're with Raoul but he's not the one for you, and you know this."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I was scared of how you'd react to my face which yesterday wasn't the right time and I'm sorry if I scared you. OH! THIS ISN'T WORKING! JUST GO! YOU DON'T CARE!"

Erik turned from her, knowing that she wouldn't love him back. Who would? That's what he keeps thinking. That's why he hides his face. But Christine was going to give him the answer he's been wanting.

(I started writing the song but it started to get confusing so here's the song, I'm going to write thoughts and what happens during the song.)

Erik didn't want to believe that Christine was actually saying all this. Surely this was too good to be true, right? But no. She was really saying all this. She loves him. His face doesn't matter. It's what's on the inside that matters. (Y/N) had been watching how it was going because Erik asked her too and she was proud of him. That wasn't an easy thing to do. She left the new couple alone. Cedric needed her for something anyway. Thinks got better for Erik after that. Everyone forgot about the face reveal but he kept his mask on anyway.

The fop wasn't even in love with Christine so that was all Erik's imagination. And he started to learn how to write music after their song and would become one of the youngest musical artists in Enchancia. (Y/N) got ideas out of that. She had been talking to Madisyn about doing something for Asgard and Enchancia. She wanted to open a school in both kingdoms where royals of all ages can come and learn a new skill like (Y/N) and Erik have done. Like, if a Princess wanted to be a baker, she could go to the school and learn how to bake. The list would go on.

Madisyn thought that was a great idea but she told (Y/N) that she'd need permission from Roland to make one in Enchancia. Well, (Y/N) asked Roland and told him her idea and he too agreed that would be a marvelous idea. The school was ordered to be built as soon as possible as he also found teachers for the different subjects. (Y/N) offered to teach the sorcery class. He let her since she doesn't do much else. She's still like an apprentice so teaching would be a different experience. Well, she'll have to stop thinking about that for a while because the next few days will distract her from the school idea for a while.