| Eight |

-♡-

-♡-

  "I can't believe you refused to eat lunch with Hwang Hyunjin to eat with us." - Sieun spoke, lazily picking a portion of rice.

  "Because you guys are my friends! Would you leave me for him?" - Mia bended towards her female friend.

  "Without a doubt, yes." - She kept on munching the food, unbothered.

   "Woah, what great friends I've got." - The girl sat back down.

  "The guy's clearly into you, why are you playing dumb? You don't like him??" - Beomgyu asked.

  "First of all, I told you he's not. Second, he's not my type."

  Her friends exchanged glances, then looked back at her with widened eyes.

  "The Hwang Hyunjin is not your type!? That guy is perfect! He has the looks, the manners, the talent, the....he may not have the best grades, but he's not bad either!" - Sieun nearly shouted at her face.

   "I swear to God if I wasn't straight I'd have a crush on him. Gosh, maybe I do have one." - Beomgyu complemented.

  Mia just shook her head, knowing continue the conversation wouldn't get her anywhere.

  "Huh? Isn't that the guy from the Coffee Shop? You got his number, didn't you?" - He pointed with his chin towards a black haired smiley boy, walking with two other students.

  "Han...Ji..? Jisung! Yeah! That's him! He studies here..?" - Mia turned around, finding the boy standing at the queue.

  "So that's your type? Oh! That blonde guy is my classmate! Should I invite him to eat with us?" - Sieun's gaze followed the three.

  "No!! We didn't talk after that. He didn't text me and I didn't either, things would be awkward." - Mia shook her head as if her life depended on it.

  "Ha. You acted all brave walking up to him and asking for his number but you didn't have the guts to send him a text?" - Beomgyu moved his chopsticks up and down, pointing at her face.

  "I just forgot. Then I remembered, but since he hadn't texted me either I guessed he wasn't interested." - She shuggred, going back to eating.

  "Oh. Oh! Kai also got rejected, maybe those two like each other?"

  Mia squinted her eyes at him. "I didn't get rejected", she wanted to say, but, thinking about it, she kind of did.

  "That would make sense, they looked pretty close."

  "Who are you even talking about? Mia hit on someone? I didn't picture her as the type." - Sieun entered the conversation.

  "I don't go around asking for boy's numbers! He just looked cute. Besides, I only did it because Beomgyu's friend wanted his friend's number." - She explained, cheeks slightly red.

  "Anyway, about Hyunjin...where are you two going?"

-☆-

  "An art shop?" - Mia asked as they stopped at the colorful entrance.

  "It's called 'Art Box' but they sell a bunch of stationery! I need some things for drawing, I hope you don't mind...is this place too boring?" - Hyunjin was excited, but soon became anxious again.

  "Are you kidding me!? I love these kind of stores! Me and Lix spend like...two hours inside of them when we have to buy school supplies." - She laughed, stepping inside.

  "Oh, really!? I'm glad!" - The boy let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

  "Yeah, he does get kind of pissed when I take one hour to buy only a pencil, though."

  The two laughed and stopped talking to focus on the things they wished to buy.

  Slowly, they split up. Hyunjin was looking at oil paints, while Mia had found a collection of bunny erasers and was contemplating whether to buy one, none, or all seven of them - although having seven erasers isn't much useful.

  "Are you done? I got all I needed." - Hyunjin approached the girl with a little basket.

  "Um...yeah! Let's go!" - She grabbed a random eraser, not wanting to waste the boy's time.

  "What did you get?" - Mia glanced at the basket.

  "Ah, just some extra supplies and- Oh? Look who's here!"  - Hyunjin waved at the cute and comfy boy standing not so far away from them.

  Following his gaze, Mia's eyes slowly grew bigger.

-♡-

"Somebody's out to get your lady

A few of your buddies they sure look shady"

-

Back Stabbers, the O'Jays