Chapter 4: The Purse as a Hostage

I didn't understand. Why was he here?! Or better yet, how on earth did he find my house?! It took me a bit to remember my driver's license was in there, and my address was clearly on that. Plus, my phone had a GPS feature that would show directions to my home. But still, why was he here?!

I took a deep breath so I could be calm, and not jump and attack the instant I opened the door. Slowly, I turned the knob and opened the front door of my house, revealing Mr. Pervert.

"Where's my purse," I bluntly asked. I honestly didn't mean to so suddenly, but somehow it just came out of my mouth. Not like I was going to avoid that question though.

He smiled. Oh, God. "Hi. Well, I'm looking for a," he paused, pulling out what was clearly my driver's license to look at the name, "a Miss Kora Shay Newman? Is she here?" He looked up at me again and smiled. I simply glared. His sarcasm was getting to me, but it's not like I didn't know how to play this game.

"Well, that depends. May I ask who is looking for this Miss," I paused, and sarcastically looked down at my driver's license, "Kora Shay Newman?"

Mr. Pervert smiled again, ready to play this game. "Ah, right, I should introduce myself. My name is Alviss Larson and last night, I had a bump-in with Miss Kora-"

"Alviss, was it?" I interjected rudely.

"Haha, yes," he laughed. I noticed he liked to laugh things off. "My parents decided to name me something unique."

"Alright, Alviss," I gave my normal glare, and began the interrogation, "What was going through your minuscule brain when you decided to grab her ass?"

"Well, it was based off a dare where my pride was on the line-"

"And your pride didn't get hurt when you pulled a pathetic little prank that would label you as a sexual harasser?"

"No, it was still hurt, but it got my friends off my back. And, to amend my horrible actions, I have come to ask for Miss Kora's forgiveness, and make up for it." Suddenly, he gave his biggest smile.

"I'd rather kiss a llama," I calmly replied, understanding his clear reference to his comment last night, asking to "kiss and make up".

"Sure you would." He gave me another smile. As nice of a smile that is, it was really starting to bother me. "Anyway, would you tell her that to apologize I would like to take her out to dinner tonight?" Oh, he was a daring one.

"And what makes you think she will agree to this dinner?"

"Well, obviously because I have her purse! I didn't bring it with me, but I'm sure she would like her bracelet that looks really expensive back."

"Oh, so now you've gone from playing cute to being a blackmailer."

"Well, if the little lady would just agree to a light hearted dinner tonight, then I wouldn't have to do something this atrocious." Alviss suddenly changed his expression and posture, showing a more genuine and serious behavior. "I really would like to apologize. All I'm asking for is dinner at the local Applebee's."

I was silent. My eyes traced everything around him, trying to find any sign that he was lying to me. Sadly, I found nothing. I had to agree. He was holding my purse hostage, after all.

"Very well. I'll see that Kora goes to dinner with you. And I hope you'll bring the purse with you?"

Alviss gave his dazzling smile again. "Of course. I will pick her up at eight o'clock sharp. Also, dress nicely." He gave my body a quick look and then winked at me. I glanced down as well, and noticed I was still in my pajama pants and t-shirt, and my hair was just in a messy bun. I was like this the whole conversation.

"AH! I almost forgot!" Alviss quickly went toward his car, which happened to be a nice, dark blue 2006 Ford Mustang. I took one glance at it and I was in awe. It was a beautiful car. I looked back at Alviss as he reached into his passenger seat, and pulled out my cell phone. While he walked back to me, I noticed that it was ringing. Of course, it was Steph. I slightly giggled at her attempts to bother the thief, even if the phone was in the car the whole time.

"You have a beautiful smile." I looked up at Alviss, who was almost as close as when he tried to kiss me last night. By instinct, I took a small step back, then reached for my phone in his hand. My smile had vanished at his comment, but this time I was slightly flustered by his actions. I couldn't even look at him now. He took that time to lean in closely to my ear and whisper, "I'll see you tonight," and swiftly get into his car and leave. I was left dumbfounded with a ringing phone in my hand.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"What to wear? What to wear?" I continuously asked myself. I didn't know what to wear for this date against my will. I didn't want something that suggested I was open to a relationship (even though in the words of Steph, I was), and I had enough pride in myself to show that I was an attractive woman.

I had a blast trying to explain to Steph what was going on. As soon as Alviss had left, and I ate my cold and soggy breakfast thanks to talking to him for so long, I answered my phone (with a record of 30 missed calls) to have Steph yelling at me thinking I was Alviss. Once I had her understand that he came back to give me my phone, but I had to go on a date with him, she was all excited.

In her words, "This is your opportunity for a final fling! I know this guy grabbed your ass, but he formally came to apologize! This Alviss guy is being romantic! Don't you see it, Kora?!" Yeah, I saw it. I saw it as a ploy just to date me, and then attempt at grabbing more than just my butt. I didn't like where this was going, but all I had to do was go on this date and I would get my stuff back.

As fun as it was trying to tell Steph that this was a bad idea, I had an even more fun time trying to tell my mom that going on this date was a good idea. My mom agreed with me that this kid was up to no good, and then forbade me from going on the date. I would have been totally fine with not going, but the fact was that he DID have my belongings, and I needed them back, so I would have to go on the date. I took a lot of work, but I convinced her that nothing would happen, and I would go on this date and that would be it between me and Alviss Larson.

Eight o'clock finally rolled around, and I settled on a dark pair of boot cut jeans, a pink floral blouse and silver flats. It was flattering for me to feel pretty, and wouldn't make Alviss try and jump me.

Right when I was doing final touch ups on my makeup, the doorbell rang. I instantly felt my stomach drop to the ground, knowing that this was actually happening. Dread suddenly overwhelmed my body, and it took a lot of willpower to move again. I slowly gained control of myself, and walked out of my room to the front door.

My mom had already gotten the door, and wasn't all too pleased with this situation, but even she seemed amazed by how handsome Alviss looked. He wore some worn out jeans, but he looked great with the blue flannel shirt with a white undershirt on. I even had to pause and look at him for a moment. And apparently, he had the need to do the same to me.

Alviss was the one to break the silence. He turned to my mother and smiled one of the amazing smiles saying, "Mrs. Newman, I must say your daughter is stunning. And I really do appreciate that you're allowing her to go to dinner with me tonight. I promise, I will have her back here safely at 10:30pm." He then turned to me and smiled, holding out his hand. "Shall we leave, Miss Kora?"

I hesitated when I answered, "Yeah," mainly because this couldn't be real. How was this person the same one that grabbed my ass? He was kind, formal, and he looked so handsome. I knew that most of it was probably rehearsed to sound appealing, but just the way he carried himself, he gave off this attracting aura. But maybe it was just my imagination. There was no way that this was all for real. He was just a very good actor and had the looks to pull it off. There was no way he resembled a prince.