Chapter 20

Lynn POV-

I walked inside of his house feeling the warmth of the air greet me. I ignored the sound of him shutting the door behind me and admired the view of his place. I was a little more focused on other matters when I was here last time.

"It's so beautiful in here" I said quietly while looking around his house.

"I have quite the view myself" he said back so quietly I could barely hear it.

I turned around giving him a curious look and asked "What do you mean?"

He cleared his throat and stepped more towards me while saying "Nothing. Just that it has a beautiful view of outside"

"Oh...I see.." I said while looking down "Why was I drawn here?" I asked while looking up to him seeing as he was a good five inches or so taller than me.

"Because my blood is in your system and since its you, it has a very different effect from what it would on someone else" he answered, his British accent making his words seem so beautiful.

"Wait what do you mean 'since its me'?"

He ran his hand through his hair in a completely attractive way and led into what looked like a big den/ family room where there were two hybrids, one of them being from last night and the other being Neal.

I gasped and took a step back, almost hitting Pheonix "Neal?" I asked in an out of breath way.

"Lynn... look i'm-" he started to say but I cut him off

"You're a hybrid?" i asked quietly

"Yea... That's why I said the whole 'shit happens' and also I spiked your drink so you wouldn't be able to tell and so i might actually have a chance with you but yeah... look how that turned out heh heh"

My mouth dropped open from shock. This is completely unbelievable. First i find out that he's a hybrid, then he tells me straight up he drugged me and even has the nerve to say why he did it!

That's when my body decided it couldn't handle any more of this nonsense and I completely fell back into Pheonix, leaving him to catch me and keep me in his arms.

I have to say though, with me in his arms i feel like nothing could ever harm me or go wrong. I feel... protected... safe... complete.

Ugh i really need to push away this infatuation i have with him

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me to his chest so I could feel his warmth and muscles. He was completely holding up my weight and I didn't care because all I could do was stare at Neal. I trusted him with so much and he just plays with my trust as if it was nothing. He knows about my trust issues! That just hurts.

Pheonix growled a deep growl that rumbled through me and his arm tightened around me. I guess he saw the hurt in my face.

"Lynn I'm so-"

"Leave Neal" Pheonix's deep voice commanded

"But...I need.. Lynn-"

"Get out of here before I rip out your heart" Pheonix's voice boomed through the room, making me flinch back into Pheonix and Neal leave the room in a hurry... I'm pretty sure he likes his heart in his chest. Bastard already ripped mine out.

The other girl hybrid followed Neal out, probably not wanting to get yelled at by Pheonix who already looked extremely pissed.

Pheonix turned me around to look at him with his hands on my shoulder. His eyes looked so sincere... I honestly wanted to kiss him right now and hope there would be no bad effect from it. But me being me... I did nothing.