Chapter 31

Let's see. I'm walking home from work right now, deciding on whether or not I want to go to the fireworks show that's tonight, you don't have to pay to get in, you just go in watch. After everything that happened yesterday Pheonix ended up snapping Carson's neck and compelling him to stay away from me since I couldn't get any information out of him. I found it interesting that Pheonix is able to compell other vampires but when I asked about it he just shrugged and said he's "special".

Although out of everything that did happen yesterday, I managed to get Xanders number since he never gave it to me when he was at my work, and now I have a way of getting that info out of him like he promised. So he is now in my phone as 'Food Source' considering when he came to my work he bought me food. It was either food source, brownie, or nom nom, and I figured that food source didn't sound as stupid as the others.

I pulled out my phone and looked down at it, finally deciding what I was gonna do. I created a new message saying Why hello there black friend of mine :3 Would you like to come play with me?

Smiling, I sent the message. As you can tell, she's black and her name's actually Addy, well Adaline, but I call her Addy. One of the best things about her is that she doesn't know anything about the supernatural world. Where I live it seems like no one around here is an innocent human, by innocent I mean oblivious to the supernatural world, not a virgin, though I don't imagine there's many of those either. Except for me of course! I'm special, just like Pheonix.

Anyway it seems like other than Ellie and my boss, that everyone else is either a part of the other world out here or they know about it. Sometimes it's nice to have a friend in the dark on these things. It's not always good knowing everything.

When my phone buzzed I looked down at it, smiling at her response Lol you racist bitch. You sound like one of those serial killer dolls.

Laughing, I responded to her text saying That's not a noooo and sending it as I crossed the street.

Serial killer dolls. Interesting. I wonder if she means the ones on facebook where it shows a picture saying like this post about blah blah if not then this will be in your room tonight, then showing a picture of this effed up doll. I just ignore those thinking well I guess I get a creepy doll in my bed tonight. Oddly enough, I haven't gotten one yet. Casper probably takes them and keeps them for his secret collection. 

Oh...she probably means those creepy dolls in the scary movies! I don't watch those... they scare me. Go figure.

Just then she replied, bringing me out of my thoughts.  It's not a yes either, dumbass. It's a maybe. Where you at?

Knowing I would get her to give in I replied Gurl you know... I just be chillin at my home so come on overr

That text sounded terrible. She replied with a Stop trying to be ghetto. and Idk we'll see.

Biting my lip I tried to think of a way to get her to come over and came up with one fast, sending Did I mention there's hot guys and fireworks?

You had me at hot guys. I'm omw. she sent back, making me smile and hurry home.

Hmm I wonder if Pheonix would want to go to the fireworks too. I could introduce him to Addy that way, though he'd probably hate her. She's such a smartass but I find it hilarious considering I'm like that too at times, same with Aria. You can either love Addy, or hate her. There's no in between, you cant tune her out or try to ignore her because you'll end up hating her since she's obnoxious.

When I walked through the door I went into the kitchen to find a snack while pulling out my phone and opening up and old message from Pheonix that I could reply to instead of creating a new message. That shit takes too much time.