Chapter 10

Lynn POV-

I was shocked awake from my dream, breathing heavy and with my clothes sticking to my body. That was a dream I certainly never wanna have again.

“Well that was interesting” said a voice by the window.

I grabbed the stake that I hid by my bed and ninja rolled off the end of it, landing in a ready position.

“Would you drop the stake, you’re not Buffy the vampire slayer, just a fragile emotional pathetic human” the voice spoke as the figure it belonged to walked out from the shadows and into the moonlight that streamed through the window.

I sighed, “Blaze. You know I wouldn’t ridicule someone holding a stake” 

He let out a humorless laugh and stepped forward until he was only about a foot away from me.

“I doubt you even know how to use it” he said, making a move to grab it.

I moved the stake out of his reach and he tilted his head to the side, now amused. Great. He’s gonna make this a game. 

Moving around me to reach it I switched hands and in one swift motion moved out from under his arms in a spin and placed myself behind him with the stake pressed to his back where the heart was.

“Game on.” He said, and spun himself around and went to grabbed me but I was a step ahead and ducked away from his grip and away from his arms.

He then knocked my feet out from under me with his own, luckily I was fast enough to use my hands and turn it into some sort of back flip where I placed my feet on the ground silently, knowing if Casper were to wake up this would turn out bad.

Blaze sighed, “I'm getting bored of this. Time to end it” he said and with vampire speed I was soon knocked to the ground with Blaze straddling me. 

“I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed but you did better than a normal hunter.” He said.

I sighed “What are you doing here Blaze, and where’s Mark?” I asked while sliding my body out from underneath him.

While standing up he spoke “I have the night shift therefore Mark went home. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to deal with an actual conscious you.” He said looking me up and down.

“My eyes are up here asshole” I said snapping my fingers to get his gaze back up to my face.

He smirked when Aria shifted positions in her bed and I froze, not really wanting to get hot with yet another new vampire in our house. Hey wait, how’d he get in here?

“Mmm well doesn’t she smell delicious” he said bringing my attention back to him.

“Touch her and I will murder you without hesitation.”

“Why, is that a threat I'm hearing?” he taunted

“Not at all, it’s a promise.” 

He scoffed “You humans and your emotions. I swear you protect the lives of each other more than you would yourself”

I sat criss cross in the middle of my bed and looked at him “You know Blaze, Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings” I said closing my eyes and smiling. 

God I'm getting more like Aria each day.

He gave me an ‘are you stupid?’ look and asked “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“Very many things actually, but you know that’s what makes me so one of a kind” I told him and he shook his head while lying down on my bed.

“Hey! I don’t want your jerkiness on my bed. Off! Off you demon!” I said while trying to use my feet to kick him off.