The fallen.

••••

"Long before the earth existed there was only the heavens. A place Jehovah filled with beings unlike any other he'd created.

"The god of life had created a kingdom so powerful it was unlike any other. Filled the enchanted beings he called angles.

For eons, peace was all the heavens had known. Jehovah had created the perfect beings to serve under a perfect god like himself. He'd created beings that he thought were so perfect, he decided to create more.

Jehovah created humans.

Their bodies were in likeness of angles but they were given thought of a God. They were given a home to call theirs and a kingdom to rule by themselves provided they stayed true to jehovah, they would rule the kingdom for eternity.

But jealousy corrupted the mind of a single being. A being that ruled beside jehovah and served as his right hand. Letting his jelousy control him, the angle put aside his love for Jehovah and disobeyed the rules of the heavens. He deceived a human and ruined the balance of the human kingdom, making Jehovah furious.

In his furry, Jehovah banished the angle and cursed the humans and their offspring. A war sparked, and the angles were segregated. Heaven had fallen under chaos. The angles were given a choice, to either go with the jealous angle or stay in peaceful heaven.

Some decided to stay and some decided to go, leaving the heavens to torment the humans, to destroy their kingdom and leave them in ruin. Jehovah did nothing, just watched as his creations turned on him and his people.

But then, a group of vigilanties stepped in. A group of angles that refused to serve under evil, but neither did they accept the rule of jehovah. They chose to fight for the humans and rid the earth kingdom of the evil's destruction.

They fought alongside the good, protecting humans against evil and ridding the earth of demons. The war lasted eons, until jehovah decided to step in.

With a snap of a finger. He separated his subjects. The earth kingdom was to be left alone and the evil were swallowed into the ground, burried under heat to live there forever, never to see the light of nature again. Their power was stripped and their wings turned black. The jealous angle who ruled over their rebellion was coined satan, the demon of hell, never to see heaven again.

While the angles who fought against the devil, were given a new home, a home in a realm solely for their purpose, where future generations of angles just like them could be born, a kingdom that they would rule of their choice. Their powers were not taken, they were only given gifts to help them in battle, and their wings were stripped of their angelic white, instead, the wings were coloured a beautiful gold to show their purity and strength, these angles were coined, the fallen.

And so it has been for eons and eons. The kingdoms of earth, heaven, hell and Nexus.

The earth soon fell back into peace and the great battle between good and evil was long forgotten, now often told as old wives tales or as fairytale stories to kids.

The heavens remained beautiful, enchanting and spiritual, a home for those who choose to side with Jehovah.

The hell remained a prison, the death chamber for those who sided with satan.

The angles still watched over the innocent, providing guidance and love, giving care and listening for cries of help.

While the hellhounds looked for trouble, not giving up and spreading evil amongst the people, gaining more and more followers everyday.