Ez.

My wings flapped with a forceful beat as I sped through the mid morning wind. The sky was a bright blue-purple with pink clouds shadowing down onto the earth. The warm morning air blew softly in my ears as I flew over buildings and dodged birds. 

I took my time getting to the tower, I was in no rush. I took a small detour through the central park of Estos, smiling and waving at those that recognized me. I chased birds and spun in mid air, having enough decency to admit to myself that I was doing everything I could to stall time. 

I wasn't nervous. No, I'm never nervous . I'm brave, strong and a warrior. I'm afraid of no man for I have the greatest and strongest gift of all.

But there is this one man.

 Tall, paler than snow with hair blacker than ink with the sheen of a raven's feather. He might  stand a foot taller than me but, I am braver, greater. The people in the streets scream my name out of gratitude, my enemies cower at the mention of my greatness.

But he has greatness too. He fought tirelessly alongside myself, had my back at my weakest of moments and laughed with me at my highest. He has been a friend to my friends and a great companion when needed. He has a beauty unheard of, so rare and unique that people cannot help but to stop, stare and gawk at the bulk of beauty that is this man. 

This man...this angel that stands alongside me, waits for me.

I cannot help but feel warm anticipation at the notion of seeing him again after a very long and tiresome month away from each other. He flew south to settle a dispute between two leaders on one of the continents and now he is back and waiting for me. Yes, I have anticipated his return since he left but, now I have been swarmed by a new realization.

I'm in love with him. 

So utterly, heart achingly in love with the beautiful stoic of a man that I call a friend, partner in war and my lover. 

Such strange an emotion, love is. It feels breathless and weightless, yet, thick and heavy, so heavy that I'm choking on it.

But even if I had the power, I had no reason to stop the inevitable, that is why I reached the tower sooner than I would've liked. I paused mid flight and gazed upon the massive house we called our home. Many people lived with us, it wasn't just him and I, our family was proud to call this beautiful place our home.

The third floor of the house held my room. It had its own bathroom and sitting area and a massive bed with a secluded balcony that overlooked the front of the property and there, stood, leaning over the railing of my balcony, was the man I was in love with.

I was far enough not to see his face, but I knew it was him. It was far enough that he couldn't see my face, but I knew, he knew It was I. I sighed, balling my hands into fists and forcing my wings to carry me forward until my feet touched the cool floor of the balcony.

He turned, his large body taught in his clothes, his Raven-y hair tousled, most likely from his hands, His wings, larger than mine held close to his body. I gulped, taking a step forward. "Hi." I breathed, my heart leaping at the way his eyes searched me. "How was the journey?"

He said nothing, his face painfully emotionless, like usual, his eyes moving all over me as if he was trying to understand something. Then he barrelled toward me, his large body crashing into me and nearly knocking me to the ground. He caught me, of course and crushed me to his chest, his hand clutching my hair.  

My face was, smashed into his chest, his fresh flower scent filled my nostrils as I buried my nose further into him. "Hello, Theo." He  murmured, clutching me tighter to him. "I missed you."