They're gone.

I've never really minded a lot of things.

I didn't mind that my mom cared more about drugs than the rest of us, that she was only with my dad because she knew he'd supply her with the money for her next fix. I never minded that my father was a mindless sheep and did everything my mom wanted, because he couldn't think for himself, because he was afraid and just a big coward.

I also never mind that my brother got pulled into this. Stuck in our parents grip. Learning from their influence. Slowly becoming a junky like our mother, or maybe he already is, I don't know.

I never minded because in the end, it turned out fine. For me at least.

My mom being a junky meant she didn't give a shit about me, which meant my brother didn't give a shit about me, which also meant my dad had to not give a shit about me. If he did, I wouldn't be here, with Caspain, food in my stomach three times a day, and a guaranteed scholarship for any uni I decide to go to.

I wouldn't have a great future if I didn't have such a shit past, and I never minded that. Just like I don't mind that I haven't spoken to or seen Kalypso in three days. It didn't matter.

I don't mind that he'd practically just ghosted me after doing ... that. I don't mind. Kalypso was outlandish. At the very least, I thought he'd reappear with a new book and one of his empty smiles. But he hasn't.

No text to meet up at the river bank, or at least a demand for his book that I still carried around with me for some reason.

His siblings were scarce too --not that I was paying attention-- I'd barely seen Hanniel in our room, I'd hear him sneak in at midnight and he'd be gone when I woke up. At breakfast, him and his siblings wouldn't make an appearance. It didn't help that we didn't share a single class, because I had no way of knowing if they were attending lessons at all.

I don't think it was a big issue and I don't think I need to lose sleep over it. Except, I was losing sleep over it, even though I don't mind. Kalypso and I weren't necessarily friends, so I don't expect him to keep in touch. It was just weird. That's all.

"Raven?"

I snapped my head up, letting the arm I was leaning on, drop to the desk. "Yeah?" Mrs. Lily tilted her head to the side, her stare letting me know she knew I wasn't paying  attention, but she'd never point that out.

"Read page seventy six for us please." She said. I nodded, opening the my textbook to page seventy six.

"In order for the heavens to work in unity, there had to be a set of rules to follow." I began. "The rules spoke,

"One: All angles must be loyal to their creator.

"Two: Never question your creator and his decisions.

"Three: worship your creator and only him.

"Eons passed before Jehovah created souls in likeness of angles. He called them, man. The creations were given a home, Jehovah called it, earth. And so, a new rule was set in the heavens.

"Rule four: serve the man and give him guidance.

"The angles worked diligently, Serving Jehovah and giving guidance to man,  but in the shadows, Icarus grew a victim to sin. He grew jealous of his father's work. He detested his father's rule of his people.

"Icarus' feelings only grew until hatred painted his heart black and he couldn't take anymore. He betrayed his father and walked among the men, planting seeds of sin and hate towards his father, their lord. Making man rebel against the rule of Jehovah.