008;

-'๑'- the art exhibition

blue baggy jeans covering a black converse, white shirt that's paired with a deep blue flannel and a black bag, hooked with a few keychains, wrapped around his shoulder. he moves back and forth, his baggy jeans to brush up against the ground. checking the time on his phone, he was wondering if he was here too early.

"tyun!" raising up his head, he saw a boy wearing dark navy jorts, a gray hoodie with a white shirt sticking out underneath. "did i make you wait?" taehyun shook his head. "i'm glad, then should we go in?" the other agreed.

stepping inside the building, beomgyu was attracted by all the beautiful paintings. it felt like heaven. his eyes sparks with joy as he had never been to such wonderful place before.

beomgyu never once imagined himself coming to an art exhibition, even along side taehyun. for years, he had given up his dream of being an artist, yet being here brought back all the memories he had with arts.

capturing the view in front of him, taehyun eyes never left beomgyu. he observed his every moves and followed him around to wherever beomgyu went. "ah tyun, is there any paintings you wanna check out?" beomgyu asked. "don't worry about me, i'm pretty content." taehyun explained, while softly beaming.

ꨄ︎

after visiting the exhibition, the two planned to get lunch together. both ordered the same meal, a burger, a side of fries, and a drink to go with it. beomgyu took a sip of his drink, clearing his dry throat. "i had so much fun. all of the art i saw were just so breath taking." he laughed. "i'm glad you had fun." taehyun responded, biting down his burger.

they ate the meals fastly, given they were both really hungry. it was 1:35 pm in the afternoon and taehyun was dropping beomgyu off. walking side by side, they were catching up one another life thought out the years they were apart. "that's how i met huening kai. it's really easy to get along with him." taehyun explained. "you guys seem to be great friends." beomgyu chuckled. "anything else you want to know?"

beomhyu hummed, "so when did you came back?"

-

one year ago

"gosh mom, you said you'll let me go back once this is over. i did everything you asked for, is that not enough?" taehyun shouted when his mother inform him about leaving for a boarding academy. "i'm doing all of this for you, honey. please understand. i promise once you finish up the academy, you can go back." his mother softly hold him.

he slapped away her hand. "i'm sick of your empty promises. you told me the same thing three years ago, i'm done trusting you." he got up from the couch. "either you let me leave or else tomorrow you'll be planning for my funeral."

broken promises were normal to taehyun. his house was full with it. both his parents shoved him with promises that they never keep. he did everything they wanted him to. taehyun had never once refused to every single one of their requests. joined any clubs they wanted him to, got the top in every exams, and he was always obedient to their demands.

one thing he asked, to able to met beomgyu again, however they couldn't fulfill it. only after he threatened, his parents cared. since that day, his parents allowed him to live at his aunt house.

-

"and now i'm here."

beomgyu didn't say anything. while he was going through a hard time, so was taehyun, yet he was the only one who acted selfish. maybe if he had been patient or didn't break the promise, would thing lay out differently? unexpectedly, taehyun holds his hand as if he knew exactly what he was thinking about. "let's not dwell on the past."

silently, the two continue to walk towards beomgyu's home. arriving the apartment complex, taehyun waved his hand goodbye. just as he was about to part ways, beomgyu called out his name. "kang taehyun! get home safely."

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-