feelings

I roamed the packed house looking for Billie. She always does this. Drags me to god knows where, knowing I don't like being this close to people, just to ditch me. "Excuse me. Sorry. I'm so sorry." I kept saying as I pushed through the crowd of people. I finally found Billie in the kitchen leaning against the counter talk to some girls I've never seen. Typical.

Her face lights up when she sees me. "Y/n!" She said opening her arms for a hug. I back up and just glared. She walked over to me. I ignored the looks I was given from the girls in the corner. "What's wrong?" She asked. "This is lame." I whispered. "No you just need to loosen up." She said. I rolled my eyes. "I've spent the last two hours looking for you." I said. She frowned. "I'm sorry. I don't need you to baby sit me." She said. "Sorry i was under the impression you wanted to hang out. I'll just go." I said turning to leave. She called after me but I ignored her.

I got outside and got into my car. Billie was at my window knocking. "Billie I'm not doing this tonight. I'm going home." I said through the cracked window. "I'm sorry. Don't leave. I want you here." She said. I shook my head. "I'm going home." I said shifting my car into gear. She stepped away and i pulled onto the road.

—-
I turned the water on and let the warm water wash over my body. I felt gross. Billie probably found some girl to go home with and I really didn't care. Or did I?

I grabbed my robe and wrapped it around my body. Brushing my teeth I heard the front door open and shut. I internally groaned and wiped my mouth.

I opened the bathroom door to see Billie sitting on my bed. "Y/n look. I'm so sorry." She said. I shook my head and went to grab some clothes. "Billie I'm tired. I'm not in the mood to talk about this-" I said closing the bathroom door again and quickly changing. I heard her sigh.

I opened the door again and she was still sitting there. "I'm serious. Out." I said. She didn't move. "Not until you hear me out." She said. I groaned. "We do this everything. You force me to go out. Ditch me. Then get mad when I say I don't want to be there. Then this happens. You try and make me feel like I'm the one who's being unreasonable." I said. She stared at me. "I'm tired. I have a headache. I just want to go to bed. Sleep on the couch. We'll talk tomorrow." I said. She crossed her arms. "Why aren't you moving?" I snapped. She laughed.

"I'm not the one being unreasonable." She said. I scoffed. "Whatever. You're drunk. I need you to get out." I said. She didn't move. "Whatever. I'm going to bed." I turned off the light. And climbed into bed. She still sat there with her back to me. My eyes drifted shut. "It's not my fault." She said. I ignored her. "It's not my fault you're no fun. It's not my fault you're a buzz kill." She said. "Yeah. Then why did you come to my house when you could of stayed at the party." I said. She groaned. "Isn't it obvious? I wanted you there." She said. "Uh huh. Is that why you left me for two hours? At a party where I knew no one?" I asked. She turned around to face me. "I was looking for you the whole time." She said. "Sure" "I was. Then those girls stopped me and I got distracted. I was about to walk away when you came in." She said. "It doesn't matter." I said. She let out another sigh. "This isn't how you treat your friends." I said. "I'm sorry." She said. I stayed quiet for a moment. "I need to sleep." I said. "I don't want you mad at me." She whispered. "I'm frustrated not mad." I said. "Can you accept my apology?" She asked. "Fine. Can I sleep now?"

She stood up and I felt her climb into bed. I didn't have the energy to argue. "I'll make it up to you. I swear." She said. Silence fell over us and I finally drifted to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed. Rubbing my face I sat up to go to the bathroom. The argument from last night played in my head as I got changed for the day. A loud bang came from downstairs. I sighed knowing exactly what it was.