Before Chapter 1

Have you ever wished that you had someone to talk to? Or just someone who can see you? Of course not. You have friends, a family, or just random people who see you and talk to you.

I don't. No one believes in me, no other spirits see me.  I'm just a lonely 16 year old snow spirit. I don't remember anything about my past life.

All that I know is what Manny told me. And that's that my name is Chrissy, I can control the snow and ride the wind. I don't know why Manny brought me back, I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

I basically go to small towns and cause snow. But, I discovered that someone else is too.

Who is this spirit? Did Manny forget about me?

I remember the day I was brought back, like it was yesterday.

"Chrissy..." the wind whispers.

I open my eyes and look around.

All that I see is the moon.

"You are Chrissy..." He tells me. "You are a snow spirit...." he adds.

I blink and see that I am off the ground. I don't remember anything. I see a stick with a hooked end and grab it, surprised it was floating also.

"You may go anywhere in the world...." the moon says.

I nod.

"Except Burgess...." he adds.

"Why?" I ask.

Silence.

I decide to listen to him. The moon sets me down and I walk around. People walk through me and I freak out.

So, I have been everywhere in the world. Except Burgess. I discovered that it's this small town in Canada. Manny told me I couldn't go there. He never said anything about researching.

I've found out a lot about this town. From population to the first mayor, from who founded it to who was the last baby born.

Which would be little Grace Dawn, born ten minutes ago. Mayor Greg Dawn's daughter. So, it's not like I'm stalking the city.

Just... interested. I just don't understand why I can't go. There is nothing bad about Burgess.

Except for the little stories kids are telling about some guy named Pitch who attacked them.

Yeah, and I'm crazy. Ok, I am. But seriously? A guy who attacks kids? Named Pitch of all things? And no adult knows?

Sounds like a bunch of garbage to me. Anyway, you're probably wondering... why don't other spirits talk to me?

Well, for some reason, I haven't seen many and they haven't seen me. Not even accidentally. So, I'm just alone. Making snow and causing little trouble.