Chapter 6

I wake up to the sound of wind blowing in my ears. I open my eyes and see red fabric. "Cupid?" I say. He looks down at me and forces a smile.

"What's wrong? Where's Jack?" I ask. "I don't know, and Jack's at the Pole." he tells me. A sharp pain shoots through my side and I groan.

"M-my staff! Where is it?" I ask. Cupid stays silent and flies faster. I look at his wings, or the blur of them. This must be really important.

"Chrissy... are you ok?" Manny asks. "I don't know, what's going on?" I say. Silence. Why am I always getting silence?!

Another pain shoots through my side and I have to bite my lip to keep from screaming. "Cupid, hurry." I mumble. He just nods.

I feel snow hit my face and know we're close. Cupid must be freezing! With the snow and not to mention me.

Cupid lands on a balcony and sets me down. I wince and hold my side. "Chrissy.." Cupid starts. "I'm fine." I mutter. I walk into the Pole and look around.

Yetis and elves are rushing around, shouting and jingling. "Cupid, what's going on?" I ask again. He just walks past me towards a giant set of doors.

I roll my eyes and follow him. Why won't anyone answer me? Cupid pushes the doors open and I see the guardians all standing there.

The guardians and Cupid start talking about something. They keep glancing at me and I can't take it anymore. "Someone better start telling me what's going on!" I shout.

"Or what, mate?" Bunny asks. "Or I'll..I'll.." I trail off. "See, not so powerful without your staff huh?" Bunny asks. I use the little power I have and shoot over to him.

"What do you know about my staff?" I snap. "Chrissy..calm down." Tooth tells me. I turn around and glare at her.

"Why should I? You people want me to be a guardian and you won't tell me crap! How do you think I'm supposed to trust you?" I shout. "Chrissy.." Jack starts.

I shake my head and walk out. They want me to trust them, yet they talk about me behind my back! Even Cupid and Jack!

"Chrissy... just calm down." Manny tells me. "Shut up! You're just as bad as them!" I shout. I ignore the pain in my side and head towards the door. If they don't want my help, they aren't getting it.
❄️🌑❄️🌑❄️🌑❄️

I don't know how long I've been walking, or to where, but I do know I'm far away from the Pole. "I never should have trusted them." I mutter.

The people who claimed to need my help, my so-called brother, and my 'friend.' They don't seem to need me, it looks like they have it all under control on their own.

The wind has been still for hours—Manny must be mad at me— but snow is falling. "Who needs them? Who needs anyone?" I ask myself.

"That's right my dear." a voice says. I shoot around but pain shoots through my side. "Who are you?" I ask. "All in good time my dear." they say.

I roll my eyes. "What do you want?" I ask. "Simple. Revenge on that blonde boy you're friends with." they tell me. My eyes go wide and I look around.

"What do you want with Cupid?!" I shout angrily. "Like I said, revenge." they say. "What did he ever do to you?" I ask. "He's the reason, my dear, that you can't see me." they tell me.