Chapter 5

Sorry for the long wait. But I'll try to make this a longer chapter. Enjoy!

"Jack! That's so not fair!" I complain. "How is it not fair? You froze me." Jack retorts.

"So? That doesn't mean you have to do that." I point out. "Oh boo, you got snow down your shirt big deal." Jack says. "Oh both of you stop!" Jamie shouts.

"Sorry." Jack and I mutter. "Now I know you two are siblings." Jamie says. "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask. "You two are both stubborn and argue." Jamie points out.

"Maybe, but I am nothing like her." Jack says. "Oh yea? Prove it." Jamie says. I walk over to Sophie and pick her up.  Sophie giggles and pokes me.

"You little snow ball." I say as I start to tickle her. Jack gestures to me. "Good point." Jamie says. I shrug and continue to tickle Sophie.

Crack. I stop tickling Sophie and grab my staff. "What is it?" Jack asks. Snap.

"Shhh." I tell him. "But.." Jack starts. I shoot ice at him and he goes silent. "Come out." I order.

A guy with shaggy blonde hair comes out from the woods. "Cupid!" I shout running over to hug him. Ok, so Cupid may be the only spirit who I knew.

"Hey, Chrissy." Cupid chuckles. "What are you doing here?" Jack asks him. I let go of Cupid and see Jack glaring at him.

"I could ask you the same thing." Cupid says. "I'm sorry, did I miss something?" I ask. "Cupid and Jack don't really like each other." Jamie tells me. "Why not?" I ask.

"Because this numb skull thought it would be a funny idea to freeze my wings. On Valentine's Day." Cupid explains.

"Well you two better get along." I tell them. "Oh, and why's that?" Cupid asks. I shake my head. "Cupid, meet Jack Frost. My brother."
🌑❄️🌑❄️🌑❄️

After I explain to Cupid what I mean, and Jack how I know Cupid, they finally move past it.

"Those two are a pain..." Manny tells me. I laugh. "Tell me about it." I say. "Tell you about what?" Jack asks.

Cupid rolls his eyes. "Manny talks to her, remember?" I smile awkwardly as Jack looks angry. "Why is that anyway?" Jack asks.

"Well, maybe it's because no one could see her and no spirit, besides me, ever met her." Cupid says in a 'duh' tone.

"Wait, you're the only one who knew about my sister? And you never said anything?" Jack asks him angrily.

"In my defense I didn't know she was your sister." Cupid points out. "This is gonna be a long night..." Manny says. I nod in agreement.

Jack and Cupid start arguing and I sigh. "Stop it, both of you!" I shout. They fall silent and look at me with wide eyes.

"Now you two will get along, at least around me, or I will freeze you." I tell them. The boys nod but glare at each other. I sit down and look at them.

Since Cupid hid his wings he looks like a human. Shaggy blond hair, muscular, his bright green eyes, tan skin, and of course he's tall.

And Jack. He just looks like a kid. His shaggy white hair, light blue eyes, tall skinny body, and very pale skin.

The two couldn't be more opposite. Cupid and his neat tan pants and red shirt; and Jack with his baggy brown pants and blue hoody.

"Um, Chrissy, why are you staring at us?" Cupid asks, breaking my train of thought. I shake my head and smile. "I was just noticing how completely opposite you two are." I tell him.

"You're weird." Jack says. "Thanks!" I tell him. Cupid laughs and I can't help but smile. "What brought you to Burgess anyway?" Jack asks Cupid.

"Am I not allowed to visit my friend?" Cupid asks. "How'd you know she was here?" Jack asks, sounding a little angry. "Did you forget I have excess to the location of anyone in the world?" Cupid asks, kinda like a know-it-all.

"And you stalk my sister with it?" Jack asks. "Hold up, first off, I don't stalk anyone. Second, I didn't know she was anyone's sister let alone yours." Cupid tells him.

The two go back to arguing and I lay back. Leave it to the boys to argue. I close my eyes and slowly fall asleep.